UKC

NEWS: Blyth Wright Has Passed Away

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 May 2009
[A chance in a million, 3 kb]Blyth Wright, a great servant of Scottish Mountaineering, died last Sunday 24th May following illness.
His work at Loch Eil Centre, Glenmore Lodge and ISM made him one of the best known characters in Scottish mountaineering.
He will be particularly well remembered for the work he did as...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=47622
 petestack 28 May 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Sorry to hear that.
 Dee 28 May 2009
In reply to UKC News: Goodbye Blyth and thank you for all your help.
Slugain Howff 28 May 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Blyth and his work with the SAIS made the Scottish hills a much safer place to be in winter.

Very sad news

Slugain
 Doug 28 May 2009
In reply to UKC News: sad to hear that I won't be seeing Blyth again, I wonder if the Scottish avalanche service would ever existed without him
Geoffrey Michaels 28 May 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Sad news. I remember him taking me to the guides crag in Chamonix when my partner was in hospital. He couldn't have been more helpful.
 Giles Thurston 28 May 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Sad to hear the news, will always have fond memories of my mountain leader training course with Blyth at the Lodge nearly 15 years ago. Thanks for all you taught me that week Blyth!
 george mc 28 May 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Funeral is tomorrow at 1330Hrs at St Andrews kirk in Aviemore, then down to Banchory Cemetary at Newtonmore. Gathering at The Old Bridge Inn (Blyth's local) after.
 george mc 28 May 2009
In reply to george mc:

That's Banchor Cemetary at Newtonmore...
 Jon Wickham 28 May 2009
In reply to UKC News: Tragic news. Never met him, but did see him in the Old Bridge Inn once. As a young mountaineer it was one of those 'seeing a legend in the flesh' moments. He is responsible for saving countless lives in Scotland.
 garethmorgan 29 May 2009
In reply to UKC News:
That's a real shame, he really dedicated his life to the mountains and he'll be sadly missed.
I met him a few times and went out as an avalanche assistant on Cairn Gorm once. Nice guy, patient teacher, with a real passion for his work.
 Nae Nut key 29 May 2009
In reply to UKC News: one of the most interesting and genuinely nice blokes i've ever met. Scottish mountaineering is all the poorer for his loss.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...