UKC

Running in your lunch break

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rossowen 23 Jul 2009
Does anyone do this?

I'm thinking of starting because I'm finding it difficult to find the time after work to train.

I work in Cardiff city centre, although there is a park about a 10 minute run from the office. No showers in the building though.

Banned User 77 23 Jul 2009
In reply to rossowen: Once or twice a week. Running track is 1 mile away. Run there, track session, run back. Sometimes shower, sometimes I'm working in the aquaria on my own so it's not an issue. I also work with stinking students anyway..
 Hoppo 23 Jul 2009
In reply to rossowen:

Yes.

Does your company have a disabled toilet? Usually means you can lock yourself in as they have sinks behind the locks, you can have a strip wash.

If they don't have a disabled toilet, turn up tomorrow on cruthches, crap yourself and take them to a tribunal, sue them for making you embarrass yourself in front of your colleagues. They'll soon get one then, and you'll probably be able to claim from claims direct for having had an accident at work!
 fimm 23 Jul 2009
In reply to rossowen:

I've done it on occasions - I keep meaning to make it a regular routine and keep failing to do so. I like it. However there is a shower in the building which I can use afterwards.
OP rossowen 23 Jul 2009
In reply to Hoppo: We've got a disabled toilet I can use so that's not too bad.

It sounds daft but I work in with a bunch of city lawyers and although some of them are marathon runners I'd feel a bit daft going in and out of the office in my running gear - not much I can do about that though I guess.
 JamieSparkes Global Crag Moderator 23 Jul 2009
In reply to rossowen: baby wipes are the bike commuters friend - I'm sure they can be put to good use here also.
babyseabass 23 Jul 2009
In reply to jamface:
> (In reply to rossowen) baby wipes are the bike commuters friend - I'm sure they can be put to good use here also.

I second that. We have a shower at work but often a lunchtime run means it's a wipe-wash in the loos afterwards. I'm happy to do it as long as I don't have client meetings in the afternoon otherwise the red face and sweaty hair often doesn't look great. Might be worth shaving the bonce of course...
 Ridge 23 Jul 2009
In reply to rossowen:

I used to do it daily. I've been laid up for the past few weeks with achilles trouble, probably due to having a quick 3 mile run, quick shower and change and straight back to work. Remember to stretch!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...