UKC

NEWS: Birkett Repeats E9 and Establishes New Lakes E8

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 10 Aug 2009
[Dave Birkett, 3 kb]Dave Birkett has repeated Nick Dixon's new E9 at Nesscliffe, Shropshire and has made the first ascent of one of the biggest unclimbed lines in the Lakes.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=48744
 Ed Booth 10 Aug 2009
In reply to UKC News: Get in Dave. Good effort!
Aiden Wright 10 Aug 2009
In reply to UKC News: Excellent effort from Dave. I was lucky enough to see him working the line, but missed the ascent. Great climbing, dodgy journalism: apparently "you have to pull hard with the fingers and push hard with the feet." Well I never!
 Ed Booth 10 Aug 2009
In reply to Aiden Wright: yes but in a slightly different way. It is very hard, and on the hard bits you are pushing against sandy smears and pulling away on slopey layaways.
 Michael Ryan 10 Aug 2009
In reply to Aiden Wright:

"you have to pull hard with the fingers and push hard with the feet." Well I never!

That's what he said Aiden and as Boothy backs up, sounds like insecure but very technical climbing on tiny holds and smears.
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 10 Aug 2009
In reply to Aiden Wright:

It's just Dave being understated as ever. What he really meant was "you have to pull very very hard with the fingers and push very hard and very carefully with the feet."

Good effort Dave.
 Michael Ryan 10 Aug 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Always good to link to this and Birkett's take on What is E10?

https://www.posingproductions.com/video.php?form_action=play&video_id=1...
 The sharp end 10 Aug 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Well done Dave - shame I wasn't there to take piccies!

See you soon at Ness!!!
 John Kettle 11 Aug 2009
In reply to The sharp end: Well done Dave. I had eyes on the wall overhanging South Gully on Dove Crag, but just from opposite it looked ominously bold, aswell as very steep. Quite glad now that I didn't try the onsight first ascent that I had planned! There must be a few more lines still to go on it too..
Ackbar 28 Aug 2009
In reply to UKC News: Are we close to seeing the interview and video?
 Rob15 28 Aug 2009
In reply to UKC News: brilliant effort from an amazing climber

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...