UKC

Beetroot Juice and Running Performance.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 22 Nov 2009
Anyone had any firm experience of the benefits of beetroot juice on running performance? I've tried it for a while now but couldn't really say that I've noticed one way or another over and above the usual ups and downs of perfomance in the last few months.
In reply to Removed Userysingo:

No but I've had firm experience with cabbage juice.
 Nigel R 22 Nov 2009

It's better known for it's beneficial effects on the libido. I believe it's something to do with the high levels of boron-containing minerals.
 Banned User 77 22 Nov 2009
In reply to Removed Userysingo: I know one runner who has moved over to Beetroot too, no noticeable improvement though...
 winhill 22 Nov 2009

Did you mean beneficial effects of running with Betelguese in the ascendancy?

Certainly astrologically associated with military victories etc.
 fishy1 22 Nov 2009
In reply to Removed Userysingo: Apparently if you acidify beetroot, it tastes exactly like blackcurrant.
Removed User 22 Nov 2009
In reply to IainRUK:
The only thing I've noticed so far, is it's ability to turn the urine a gorgeous pink colour. Like a Singapore Sling.
 Sandrine 22 Nov 2009

And your poo might get red too. It makes for some interesting times in the loo. Too much of the pigment is bad for you, consume with moderation.
silo 22 Nov 2009
> Anyone had any firm experience of the benefits of beetroot juice on running performance? I've tried it for a while now but couldn't really say that I've noticed one way or another over and above the usual ups and downs of perfomance in the last few months.

but does it make you a better climber?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...