UKC

Training book recommendations.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi guys, I think I'm at the level in my climbing and skill set where my main weakness is my strength and endurance and have endeavoured to train properly next winter as this winter I sought of did but in a very un-structured way...... I intend to read the book and make noes during lunch breaks or on wet days during my coule of months of summer work..

I have heard reccomendations for:
Eric Horst's 'Training for Climbing'
Dave Macleod's 'eight out of ten climbers'

any others anybody would recommend????

Cheers, Dunk
 Mr-Cowdrey 05 Jun 2010
In reply to dunkymonkey17: the Self coached climber is always a favourite on here. it goes through balance, body awareness, movement and technique. aswell as Aerobic and anaerobic endurance training, strength and power, and even mental training.

personally, i think it is a brilliant training book, although it is american and getting used to the american grades that are within it takes some getting used to.
 petestack 05 Jun 2010
In reply to dunkymonkey17:
> Dave Macleod's 'eight out of ten climbers'

Lost a climber there?

Keendan 05 Jun 2010
I just bought the "nine out of ten climbers" and really enjoyed it.
Bought another copy for a friend's birthday too.

Got a signed copy as I bought it from Dave's website!
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey: cool i'll check it out......

i reply to ptestack: woops i sorta presumed it was like eigh out of ten cats.....

keep 'em coming.....

Another vote for the Self Coached Climber. Absolutely loads in there about training and endurance, for any level of climber.

I've written a table in the back of mine converting USA to sport grades otherwise it does get a bit confusing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...