UKC

PC Problem - Adding/Removing programs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 10 Mar 2011
I need to remove a program from my PC (Windows XP) but when I select "Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs" nothing happens. Can anyone help please?
 two06 10 Mar 2011
In reply to mypyrex: are you logged in as an administrator? does the program have an uninstall util? if you run the original installer, it may give you an option to remove it.
 Leo Woodfelder 10 Mar 2011
In reply to mypyrex: What program are you trying to remove? Some programs have an uninstaller bundled in with them. Could we worth checking in the directory where it is installed.
OP mypyrex 10 Mar 2011
In reply to All: I'm more concerned ATM about not being able to get into "Add or Remove Programs"
OP mypyrex 10 Mar 2011
In reply to leroybrown: Memory Map
OP mypyrex 10 Mar 2011
Think I might resort to Restore.
 Paddy Duncan 10 Mar 2011
In reply to mypyrex: Try opening the start/run box and type appwiz.cpl
 Milesy 10 Mar 2011
In reply to mypyrex:

Add/Remove programs is not strict. Its is only a list of applications which have registered themself and the location of their uninstall file. This can become out of sync, and commonly does. If you delete the folder, or uninstall the app from the start menu or a variety of other reasons the link in Add/Remove can becomes dead.

Look in your Start Menu for a directory with the name of the app your uninstalling and look for an Uninstall or Remove icon. Failing that go into your C drive and then Program Files and then a directory names for the application and look for an uninstall or remove icon. Failing that you can run the application installer again and it can give you an option to reinstall, repair or uninstall. If it only gives you a install option then install it again, and then uninstall it.

Don't burn your house down to repair a broken cup.
OP mypyrex 10 Mar 2011
In reply to All: Just done a system restore = all OK now - thanks
 Milesy 10 Mar 2011
In reply to mypyrex:

Way way overkill.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...