UKC

Honeymoon climbing...?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Big Chris 26 Apr 2011
Ok, Fiancee wants a beautiful tranquil honeymoon somewhere grown up & beachy - I'd like to be able to do something to stave off the boredom of 2 weeks sunbathing.
An ideal would be me being able to clip the top bolt of a climb, directly above a beautiful beach while she chills out in the sun.

Any ideas?
 maresia 26 Apr 2011
In reply to Big Chris:

Thailand?

Good luck convincing her though. There was no way I was going to get away with it. I've managed to persuade her to let me do some diving as a consolation though.
 Stefan Kruger 26 Apr 2011
In reply to Big Chris:

We honeymooned in the Gorges du Tarn - amazing food and drink, lovely river, awesome climbing. Not Thai beaches exactly, but a pretty perfect spot for a honeymoon, we thought. And £60 return for the flights
 franksnb 26 Apr 2011
In reply to Big Chris: i have the answer

Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands

just google images that term^^ + bouldering

medman 26 Apr 2011
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat: Last time i went to Ha Long it was a shi! hole. Utter cess pit!

Swerve it mate.
FiendishMcButton 26 Apr 2011
In reply to Big Chris:

Start your searches in known DWS areas
 Mick Ward 26 Apr 2011
In reply to Big Chris:

I know a very good climber indeed who chose a Croatian beach for his honeymoon, "because there wouldn't be any temptation to climb." One day, out swimming, he went around a headland and found a feast of overhanging, tufa-encrusted DWS.

"What did you do?" I asked.
"Turned around and swam back," he replied.

What a romantic!

Mick
 DJonsight 26 Apr 2011
In reply to Big Chris: Try Devon: Lots of good bouldering and DWS; great beaches, food and drink; and she can get in the car and bugger off home if she gets sick of you climbing all the time!
Gethin Thomas 26 Apr 2011
In reply to Big Chris: Spent our honeymoon at Reiley in Thailand over xmas. Cant rate it highly enough!!
chill100 27 Apr 2011
In reply to Big Chris: Marry a climber, problem solved.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...