UKC

Roger Waters - The Wall Live (and associated question....)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John_Hat 28 Jun 2011
Just got back...

Awsome Absolutely Awsome. Been waiting 20 years to see them/him as previously not had the available mortgage to buy the tickets, but its zoomed straight into my top three gigs ever...

(the other two being Rammstein and probably Alice Cooper)

So, anyone else waited a long time to see a band, and how did it go?
 rh5980 28 Jun 2011
In reply to John_Hat: Finally saw the eels last year having somehow missed all there previous tours for various reasons. Everything i hoped for and more.

Its amazing when something actually lives up to your expectations.

Removed User 28 Jun 2011
In reply to rh5980: But what about Butch?
 rh5980 28 Jun 2011
In reply to Removed User: true
 Simon Alden 28 Jun 2011
In reply to John_Hat: Page & Plant back in the late 90's at the Munich Olympiahalle on the "Walking into Clarksdale" tour...was just like watching Led Zep and it was AMAZING! They played lots of Zep classics too
 toad 28 Jun 2011
In reply to John_Hat: NIA last night? I'm still reeling. Possible straight into my top 1 of gigs. I don't think I've seen an equivalent big event in nearly 30 years of gig going. I wasn't allowed to go to the original Wall gigs in London (I was 15) so this was always going to be unfinished business, but even so... just incredible
OP John_Hat 28 Jun 2011
In reply to toad:
> (In reply to John_Hat) NIA last night? I'm still reeling. Possible straight into my top 1 of gigs. I don't think I've seen an equivalent big event in nearly 30 years of gig going. I wasn't allowed to go to the original Wall gigs in London (I was 15) so this was always going to be unfinished business, but even so... just incredible

Yup! Was at NIA! If the original events were in 1981 then I'd have been 8, so certainly too young to go.

What was wierd is there were a load of kids in the line in front of us, and frankly bits of that show were not remotely child-friendly.
 toad 28 Jun 2011
In reply to John_Hat: It was an odd audience in some respects - I think a lot were infrequent gig goers. Knowing the Wall and Roger Waters, I'd have thought twice about taking kids. Whilst there was nothing explicit, it was (as you'd expect) incredibly bleak.
 UKC Forums 28 Jun 2011
This thread was started in the OFF BELAY forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Culture Bunker - A forum dedicated to reviews and discussion of media and the arts. Just read a book? Why not share it by writing a review. Love music? Want to critique the latest releases? The Culture Bunker is the place. Seen a play or a film? Let's hear about it. This is the place to come if you are looking for a book, album or film recommendation.

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
OP John_Hat 28 Jun 2011
In reply to toad:
> (In reply to John_Hat) Whilst there was nothing explicit, it was (as you'd expect) incredibly bleak.

Well, the three kids in front of us were (I guess) girls ages 7 and 13, and a lad of 10 (ish). The 7 year old was visably startled by the first bit of swearing and by the time it got to the "flowers" , the wife, and the semi-naked woman being projected 50ft high they didn't know where to put their faces
 toad 28 Jun 2011
In reply to John_Hat:
> (In reply to toad)
> [...]
>
> Well, the three kids in front of us were (I guess) girls ages 7 and 13, and a lad of 10 (ish). The 7 year old was visably startled by the first bit of swearing and by the time it got to the "flowers" , the wife, and the semi-naked woman being projected 50ft high they didn't know where to put their faces

and that was just the first half! The projections were absolutely stunning, though
 Rubbishy 28 Jun 2011
In reply to John_Hat:

I saw roger Waters at the MEN a few weeks ago. I hade been wanting to se the Wall performed for years (tried to get to see the Berlin version with Ute Lemper way back when).

It was awesome. The hallucinating fascist rally was incredibly powerful - scarily so.

Euge 12 Jul 2011
In reply to John_Hat: I just saw Anthrax (and Metallica) at the weekend at Knebworth (Sonisphere)... Haven't seen them in over 20 years and they were Amazing...

Oh... And Megadeth blew Metallica away

E
ccmm 12 Jul 2011
In reply to John_Hat:

You're a lucky man seeing The Wall live. I saw The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking live in Birmingham 1984. Clapton on guitar - magic.

I'd waited three long years to see a Floyd related gig. It was The Wall that got me into them in the first place.
 Andy Hudson 12 Jul 2011
In reply to John_Hat:
> Just got back...
>
> Awsome Absolutely Awsome.

Totally Agree, Saw The Wall a few weeks ago at M.E.N. Arena and the opening was absoltely stunning.

Why oh why though can people not watch a performance (particularly one like that) without having to go for a beer and blocking your view every time they walk past
 Sl@te Head 12 Jul 2011
In reply to Craig Mc:
> (In reply to John_Hat)
>
> You're a lucky man seeing The Wall live. I saw The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking live in Birmingham 1984. Clapton on guitar - magic.

I was there as well for Pros and Cons.. in 1984 still to this day the best gig I've seen, though I was also at the MEN a few weeks ago for the Wall which was awesome!
 Fluvial 12 Jul 2011
In reply to John_Hat:

I missed out on Jane's Addiction when they were first around but caught them on the Strays tour a few years ago - Now they were a band!
 nightmonkeyuk 12 Jul 2011
In reply to John_Hat:
I saw Weller on the IOW last year. I was gutted. Waited years to see him and he was a right mardy git and rushed through his set like his tea were in the oven.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...