UKC

yorkshiregrit.com

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 yorkshiregrit 04 Sep 2011
I originally posted this at UKB but thought I might as well post here as well.

I'm looking for donations to keep yorkshiregrit.com running. I'm no longer interested in it myself and I'll kill it off unless it pays for itself. Cost is £24 per month. I'll keep it running as long as the donations I receive cover the cost.

http://www.yorkshiregrit.com/donations.html

Thanks.
 petellis 04 Sep 2011
In reply to yorkshiregrit:

It'd be a shame if it died - one of the best climbing related sites around...
 alansage 05 Sep 2011

Donated and bumped. Would be sad to see the site disappear.
 mloskot 05 Sep 2011
> Cost is £24 per month.

I admit it is quite a high price for a single website hosting.
It's hosted at Eukhost, isn't it?
According to their plans, £24 per month is for reseller hosting.
Does yorkshiregrit.com require such spec?

I'm just curious.
 Fluvial 05 Sep 2011
Yhm
 Ewan Russell 05 Sep 2011
will try raise a fundraiser through the leeds uni climbing club for it.
OP yorkshiregrit 05 Sep 2011
Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far. I've received enough to postpone the execution another month or so.
 Simmy 07 Sep 2011
In reply to yorkshiregrit

yhm
 gdnknf 16 Sep 2011
In reply to yorkshiregrit: the website looks great, ill donate a few quid when I can. Im a bit confused by the grading, I was expecting hvs or diff etc... through mostly saw number like at the gym. is there much v diff or severe around Yorkshire?
 another_mark 19 Sep 2011
In reply to gdnknf: The site is mainly aimed at bouldering. Hence the technical grades and V grades.

Yorkshire has lots of VDiff - Severe stuff (although I often find the severes rather easier than the Vdiffs)

Have a look at the ukc maps http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/map/#main and zoom in on crags.

I'm looking for partners for climbing trad up to HSish during the day in North Yorkshire if you're interested? almscliffe, brimham, etc?

halo 29 Sep 2011
In reply to another_mark: What's Brimham like to climb the furthest i've been is Ilkley loved the place, does Brimham compare.
 another_mark 03 Oct 2011
In reply to halo: Well, lots to go at. Albeit mainly short routes. Natural rock rather than a quarry. It is quite spread out but it has plenty of stuff to go at at pretty much all levels from vdiff to E8

Loads of stuff at your grade.

I think its great, but then its my nearest rock.

Main downside would be that as a national trust property the parking is expensive if you're not a NT member (there is some parking by the side of the road but it is very limited). If you're on public transport there is a bus stop by th entrance - not sure about the routes/timetable though.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...