UKC

Best climbing wall nr Blackburn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 11 Oct 2011
Not a bouldering venue only but some with roped routes of all levels.

I currently use Awesome Walls, Stockport but wondered if anyone knows of any that are nearer and of a good standard with many routes.....
 Mark Collins 11 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas: Westview, Preston?
OP AdCo82 11 Oct 2011
In reply to Mark Collins:

Is it any good????
In reply to An Triubhas: MCC is closer than Stockport, westview is closer still but not as good IMO
 csw 11 Oct 2011
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

westview is far better value though at £6-00
OP AdCo82 11 Oct 2011
In reply to csw:

What choice of routes does Westview have? Does it have everything from beginner to advanced like MCC???
 Bulls Crack 11 Oct 2011
In reply to csw:

Not anywhere near as good as Stockport - for 30% more cost you get 100% more climbing/quality...at least! And there's Manchester too. Preston ok if local which you sort of are

Rochdale - good bouldering now, ltd leading
Harrogate - very good if just a bit too short
Kendal - v good
OP AdCo82 11 Oct 2011
In reply to Bulls Crack:

I think MCC and Stockport are taking my fancy even if they do cost slightly higher. They look like they have everything I need and it only takes 30 mins to get to Stockport
 Mark Collins 11 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas: Well it depends what you mean by good, but its got to be better than driving to Stockport. It's definitely worth a look, what have you got to lose.
 j_duds 11 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas:
u could try ingleton, small and was ok when i last went (over 1.5yrs ago now). Not sure if its that local to u though.
cheers
John
 icnoble 11 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas: Preston is in my opinion a good facility for its size. It is not as big as MCC so wont have such a large choice of routes. Routes on the 2 lead walls are set by Ian Vickers as is the bouldering section. The top roping walls are set in house and there are routes of all grades many of which are very good. Again good value for £6
OP AdCo82 11 Oct 2011
In reply to icnoble:

What time is Preston open till in evenings, especially Friday's and Saturday's???

If times are right I'll definately give Preston a look.

Cheers,

AT
musingd 11 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas: Take a look at Warrington... I also use Rochdale Manchester and Stockport in any one month but for preference use Warrington. Bouldering is limited tho

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...