UKC

Touching a Void in Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hard to beat the tale of Craig Reid, who broke his leg while descending alone from Bidean Nan Bian: he survived two nights in the open and somehow got back to help. It's worth a read- have a look at the UKClimbing news pages for some more and links to the full story.

Charles
Jo - nice but dim 10 Oct 2001
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC editor:

Good story.......

Bit like that bloke who snapped his ankle in the Cairngorms and crawled down on his hands and knees - in the snow.
jdal 10 Oct 2001
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC editor:

Bloody hell. I bet that hurt a bit.

Did Richard McHardie (sp? aka Dick McThick ) not solo his own rescue in the 60's/70s after plummeting in Snowdonia and breaking his pelvis or somesuch, crawling back to his car and driving himself to hospital?
 sutty 10 Oct 2001
In reply to jdal: No it was Cliff Phillips who fell off Black Spring or something similar. Crawled to road, drove to phone box and was found lying there.
That was the tale at the time
tim the grey 11 Oct 2001
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC editor: There, but for the grace of whatever deity you like, go I...
Dunno her name. Middle Sister, in Glencoe.
Me and two mates, trying to DOWNCLIMB off the front, in the rain, as there is a PATH marked on the map!!!
Map & Compass, and GPS all confirmed it was where we were. So we went down to look for it.
Thanks to all gods, we chickened out, and walked off from the back.

Tim, the Grey
Nick G. 12 Oct 2001
What about the guy who sprained his ankle on Slioch in winter stayed up there for six days?
Jo 12 Oct 2001
In reply to Nick G.:

was that the guy that waited for like 4 days cause he thought MR would come out but gave up in the end and crawled down? lived on 1 bit of chocolate etc. Got totally slagged for waiting so long?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...