UKC

Rjukan Travel Info

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 johnmctighe 16 Dec 2011
Hi There,
Thinking of heading to Rjukan this Feb.
Would be getting Ryanair into Rygge so wondering about travel logistics.
Seems a waste to hire a car if there is public transport.
Is it feasible to get a bus to Rjukan?
Any experiences on this would be very welcome.
Thanks
John
 Mr Andersson 16 Dec 2011
In reply to johnmctighe:

You can probably do without a car in rjukan. Most routes you can take the bus to, hitch or even walk. And I don't imagine it would be hard to get to the town without one.

Of course it is more convenient to have a car, but if you want to sacrifice some freedom, exclude some areas and allow for a bit more time getting to and from, you can save quite a bit of money while still getting most of the experience.

I live in Sweden so for me the most economical/practical way is just to drive there, so I don't really know personally.
 dan bulman 16 Dec 2011
been a couple of times and always hired a car. if you can get 4 people to go it works out at under a hundred quid each. a bit cramped up to rjukan with all the gear in with you and bags on laps but it does give you loads of options whilst there.
sorry no advice on public transport.
 alan1234 16 Dec 2011
In reply to johnmctighe:

I think the bus is about £40 each way! You may well be able to hitch though, just look for people wearing B3s coming off your plane.

Alan
 mutt 16 Dec 2011
In reply to johnmctighe:

remember the days are short that far north. We had a car last year and certainly gave us more time on the ice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...