UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Good day in the forest for Woods

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Daniel Woods, 3 kbDaniel Woods has had another good day in Fontainebleau, doing Gourmandise, 8B, as well as making the first repeat of Paul Robinson's The Traphouse (Gourmandise assis directe), 8B+, in the Fatman roof, Cuvier-Rempart.
On his 27crags ticklist, Dabiel comments on Gourmandise: "Really nice roof...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=65612
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: This years climbing news: everyone repeats everything, again... Not everything the Americans do is noteworthy.
 Lhod 18 Dec 2011
In reply to NJBrown:

I thought that was noteworthy. Don't read it if you're not interested.
In reply to Lhod: Woods makes what is probably around the 20th ascent of an 8b in the forest and does an elimate link up which has been renamed contrary to French traditions over problem names and comments 'really nice roof... back in the game.' Glad to see the future of sport lies with someone so insightful. Also nice to know that all ascents by Brits have been relatively overlooked.

Welcome to the hood.
 Wft 19 Dec 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: I guess his sponsors have taken steps to cover up his heinous 'tache then looking at that pic, not a fan of this faux-gangster type stuff.
 Arms Cliff 19 Dec 2011
In reply to NJBrown: Either you can winge about it, or you could take your Life Off Hold and report the overlooked British ascents here so people can learn about them!
In reply to Arms Cliff: Suppose I am winging a bit really... Just not a fan of middle class climbing gangsters wandering around European forests
 Arms Cliff 19 Dec 2011
In reply to NJBrown: I quite agree, although not everyone can be as self deprecating as Mr Page!
 Tom Last 19 Dec 2011
In reply to GuyVG:
> (In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC)

"not a fan of this faux-gangster type stuff."

Isn't that the 'Westlife' salute he's doing though?

Wft 20 Dec 2011
In reply to Southern Man:

R.i.P
In reply to NJBrown: Totally agree.

The whole yank media machine is so cringe worthy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...