UKC

fastest?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jules699 18 Feb 2012
So I have a flat bar road cycle - quite light weight. 24 gears tho. 650 wheels - that decathlon for you. Shud I trade in for a single speed flat bar or get a "proper" roadie with drop bars? I only commute 8 miles but wanna go faster and do more on-road inc long distance....
In reply to jules699: pedal harder
OP jules699 18 Feb 2012
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Ooooh we have a comedian in the house...
In reply to jules699: you know it makes financial sense
OP jules699 18 Feb 2012
In reply to higherclimbingwales: well I just spent £110 on a new chain and cassette for my "on-road" today so you may be incorrect there! I'm like a pendleton in a lada rite now!
In reply to jules699:
> (In reply to highclimber) well I just spent £110 on a new chain and cassette for my "on-road" today so you may be incorrect there! I'm like a pendleton in a lada rite now!

£110?!?!? are they gold plated or something. I just changed my MTB chain and cassette for 1/3 of that!!
bobbybin 18 Feb 2012
In reply to jules699: Thats worth more than the bike!
diablo 18 Feb 2012
In reply to jules699:

so: .. .. .. do i have to wear my mankini when cycling with you also ?
diablo 18 Feb 2012
In reply to jules699:

(have a good road bike too )
 sleavesley 19 Feb 2012
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Must have got a good deal on a dura ace 9 speed cassette and a KMC chain but that wouldn't make any sense!
To the OP if you want to do long distance, it can be done on tourers, hybrids or a road bike, just make sure that its set up for where you want to go. If you want faster tyres is the cheapest way to improve speed.
 peterd 19 Feb 2012
In reply to jules699:

For distance rides I would go for a road bike with drop bars. The ability to change your arm and hand positions means they are less tiring than flat bars for long rides.

Whether you go for a tourer or a fast road bike is your personal preference.
 JLS 19 Feb 2012
In reply to jules699:

If you want to do long road rides then get a proper road bike, though I'd be reluctant to use a nice bike for commuting. Do you have space for two bikes?
OP jules699 19 Feb 2012
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Sorry - 110 in total...it was being serviced.
OP jules699 19 Feb 2012
In reply to JLS: Well I have a mountain bike already. I havent room for 3. I'd have to sell my current commuting cycle if I got a proper road cycle.
diablo 20 Feb 2012
In reply to jules699:

may i be excused my mankini when cycling with you ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...