UKC

Creamola Fizz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SonyaD 21 Feb 2012
Someone brought back memories of Creamola Foam the other day and I was curious to see if you could still buy it. Looking online it would seem that it has been recreated as Creamola Fizz (though not by Nestle)

Just wondering if anyone has tried it and if so, is it much the same as the old Creamola Foam?
 frecro 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Sonya Mc:

It's exactly how I remember it (if a little pricey!)
 Andy Nisbet 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Sonya Mc:

I used to like Creamola Foam as a kid, but that was a while ago.
Slugain Howff 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Lucky you - we weren't allowed it. But then I wasn't allowed to read Oor Wullie either............
OP SonyaD 21 Feb 2012
In reply to frecro: Cool, going to buy some
OP SonyaD 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Andy Nisbet: Yeah, I loved it too! RB had never heard of it, never mind tasted it, so I thought I couldn't let her have a deprived childhood by missing out
 Andy Nisbet 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Sonya Mc:

I think it was spelt Cremola Foam?
 Raskye 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Sonya Mc:

Talking about the stuff we used to love, whatever happened to Rise & Shine which filled many a sigg bottle in the 70's?
In reply to Sonya Mc:

We used to have the red one (raspberry).

I even drank it once, diluted with vodka, camping in Arran, made that stiff drink more palatable!!

Fizzy fun

Stuart

OP SonyaD 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Stuart the postie: Ooooooh, sugary chemically goodness mixed with vodie, sounds good! :oD
OP SonyaD 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Raskye: A bit before my time I'm afraid, very much a child of the late 70's and 80's.
 crustypunkuk 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Stuart the postie:
I'll second that Cremola Foam and vod is truly the nectar of the gods! I lamented the day it went off my shelves! Didn't realise it was still available- i feel a bulk buying spree coming on!
 crustypunkuk 21 Feb 2012
In reply to Sonya Mc:
I'm a child of the late 80's and early 90's and it was available to me!?!
But then i grew up in Fife, where most things took a while to come, end to go!
 Clarence 22 Feb 2012
In reply to Sonya Mc:

I suspect it was one of those things my grannie said "will rot yer teeth tae naught but blackened stumps". Consequently I have no fond memories of it, or anything else nice that could only be obtained when staying with my grandparents.
 Andy Nisbet 22 Feb 2012
In reply to Sonya Mc:
> (In reply to Andy Nisbet) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creamola_Foam
>
> ;oP

I stand corrected!

Clarence 22 Feb 2012
In reply to Anonymous:

I have one in my desk drawer that I am saving for friday afternoon. Don't seem to be able to find sherbet foutains though.
 Andy Cairns 22 Feb 2012
In reply to Sonya Mc: It was also educational! When you'd drunk the lot, and were still hyper, you could get a particularly effective demonstration of steam power by putting half an inch of water in the empty tin, battering the lid on with a decent-sized stone, and putting it in a wee fire for a while!

Cheers
Andy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...