UKC

MIA trainee - free climbing tuition and development

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cottoneye 16 Mar 2012
Hi,

I am preparing for an MIA (Mountain Instructors Award) assessment and am looking to take people, preferably in pairs out rock climbing. I am keen to hear from anyone who feels they would benefit from some tuition in multi-pitch climbing and/ or learning to lead climb.

This tuition would be free of charge because as an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountain Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. The training course for an award does not constitute a qualification. I am confident I can offer a high level of development and tuition as I have worked in the mountain environment for a number of years but the high quality of an MIA that already holds the award should be considered when replying as this will very much be a learning experience for myself too.

I am based in The Lake District and am available from April 2012. I can offer this in The Lakes or on more specific dates in North Wales.

Please email me with any interest or queries at woolleymonkeys@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Simon Woolley
OP cottoneye 16 Mar 2012
Possible N.Wales dates for April and May;

2nd-5th April 2012
14th - 22nd April 2012
Last week in May 2012
icarlton 16 Mar 2012
Hi
I am looking to move from single to multi pitch climbing and feel I would Benefit from some tuition. I have lead upto E1 at single pitch.

You can phone to arrange dates or just e-mail my number is 07769314269, email icarlton@bedford.ac.uk

Thanks
Ian Carlton
In reply to cottoneye:

Hi,

I could be about in North Wales on those dates in early April. From my profile you will see that I've done a fair bit of climbing before, but if you want to have a go at teaching some self rescue in combination with going out and doing some climbing I'd be keen.

Will
 BWard 16 Mar 2012
In reply to cottoneye: Hi Simon. I am Lakes based and preparing for my assessment this year. So if you fancied sharing ideas problem solving etc, or fancied a climb let me know. Cheers 07723328880 bward-outdoors@hotmail.co.uk
OP cottoneye 31 Mar 2012
Thanks for all the emails regarding this ad. I am currently sifting through them and trying to arrange dates, so I will get back to everyone asap.

Thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...