UKC

NEWS: Ben Nevis CIC Hut Revamp Underway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 01 Apr 2012
CIC Hut - nearing completion, 5 kbExtensive work on the CIC hut in Ben Nevis means this fantastic resource will be available to larger groups of people.

The hut's capacity is set to be doubled.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67006

In reply to UKC News:

That's better!

ALC
 Lankyman 01 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News: 'Unobtanium'? I just saw a documentary about mining that stuff in the jungles of Pandora. It didn't look very environmentally friendly to me so I certainly won't be using this facility.
 tony wood 01 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News: finally somewhere to get a cold drink while on the Ben.
In reply to UKC News: U Nob................tanium. LoL! - Thanks for the reminder, cant wait to get to work!
 Aigen 01 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News: I would like to go climbing on the ben this summer for a week. Can anyone tell me how to book 2 places in the Hut for 5 nights? Thanks.
 Dr Toph 01 Apr 2012
In reply to Aigen:
> (In reply to UKC News) I would like to go climbing on the ben this summer for a week. Can anyone tell me how to book 2 places in the Hut for 5 nights? Thanks.

Ha ha. Now you're having a laugh, right?
Cthulhu 01 Apr 2012
In reply to Aigen:
> (In reply to UKC News) I would like to go climbing on the ben this summer for a week. Can anyone tell me how to book 2 places in the Hut for 5 nights? Thanks.

Is that with the full Scottish breakfast? I heard the deep-fried croissant with Irn-Bru conserve is a must...
 Hannes 01 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News: Excellent, about time!
 Aigen 01 Apr 2012
In reply to Dr Toph: Sorry but I dont understand what you mean. I take it from your reply that its a private hut and you can not stay there. Is that true.
 Steve Woollard 01 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News: Broke out in a cold sweat until I remembered the date! Good one.
 lanc23 01 Apr 2012
In reply to Aigen: He must be joking...??
 Malpractise 01 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News: I think the stag parties is a great idea! The next step would be to put a Via Ferrata on Tower Ridge, that would be class!!
 Harry Holmes 01 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News: When will the cable car be installed!
 Jamie B 01 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Can we get an ambulance to Corpach? I think there's a mountain Guide going into seizure...
 Mike Pescod 01 Apr 2012
In reply to Jamie Bankhead: I'm off to chain myself to the hut in protest!

Mike
 lanc23 02 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News: Anyone else see the Copyright credit under the McD's picture...?
In reply to Aigen: Just google CIC hut and you'll find the details for the hut gardian.
 Wesley Orvis 04 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Unobtanium, sounds like it's made out of the same stuff as the confirmation tickets to stop there, well at least that's another 18 bearded elitist climbers that can fit in, absolute bollocks about opening it up to other mountain users, can you imagine the beardies sharing the hut with other mountain users?????? no chance!!!!!!!! It will be reserved for the same bunch of junkies that have been using it for the last 20 years, they will just be able to get in more often.
 metal arms 04 Apr 2012
In reply to Wesley Orvis:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Unobtanium, sounds like it's made up.

But don't let that put you off having a good rant anyway.
 JohnnyW 04 Apr 2012

'Used to be uptight' it says in your profile, or something along those lines. Not sure about that like. Gullible maybe?

(BTW, I'm neither elite, bearded or use drugs, yet I stayed there last year on a standard booking.....)
 Wesley Orvis 04 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC News:
>
Well wouldn't want to break tradition, every year it gets me, i think it was the via ferrata on Crib Goch that got me last year!!!!!! Good excuse for a well overdue rant anyways.

JohnnyW 04 Apr 2012

Do you know, I remember that! Full marks for consistancy mate
 Ricky Martin 04 Apr 2012
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Unobtanium, sounds like it's made out of the same stuff as the confirmation tickets to stop there,

Oakely Sun glasses actually. ;0)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...