UKC

Titanic 3D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BigHell 08 Apr 2012
Just got back from seeing this,£10 a ticket. Was it worth it ? Not really! It is a compelling film along with that song,more a love story being played out against the back ground of the Titanic disaster. Trouble is every time I see this film I seem to loathe the Rose character more and more, She's such a self centered immature juvenile. OK I can understand that she doesn't love the man shes doomed to marry but dose she have to humiliated the chap by shagging Jack Dawson, she then compounds her selfishness by allowing her Mother to believe she had gone down on Titanic. Then at the end of the film old Rose goes and throws the bloody diamond in the Ocean . what a selfish self centered me me me me cow !
 The Pylon King 08 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell:

Anyone going to see 3D flix is well gullible.
Why are the most sought after Beatles albums in mono?
OP BigHell 08 Apr 2012
In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King:
> (In reply to bighell)
>
> Anyone going to see 3D flix is well gullible.

Thats me !
 David Barratt 08 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell: I'm so gullible that I can't wait to see it!!
 Bruce Hooker 08 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell:

But is it worth seeing again? I'm being pressured to go and I can't see the point as we've all seen the old version, does the 3D add anything?

I have no trouble with the girl, it's Di Capriccio I find hard to stomach, or take seriously in the role.
 Mikkel 08 Apr 2012
In reply to Bruce Hooker:
> (In reply to bighell)
>
does the 3D add anything?

Headache?
But then again i got that when i tried to watch the normal version.
 The Pylon King 08 Apr 2012
> (In reply to bighell)
>
> But is it worth seeing again?

I will watch anything with Kate in.
 butteredfrog 09 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell:

They should have ditched that godawful wailing vomit inducing song!
Cornelius Kite 09 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell: AS you say, it's a love story - people in love behave impetuously, irrationally, emotionally, no? She's a conventional yet free-spirited girl following the path of a conventional 'arranged' marriage. she meets Jack and falls for him. She risks her life to be with him, she 'shags' him in a moment of passion (when the other guy is behaving in a very controlling way), then later renounces her old family (because they're so stuffy), then years later (always having held on to her love for Jack) she throws the diamond in the sea to commemorate her love for Jack. Not sure any of that makes her selfish?
 butteredfrog 09 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell:

The James Cameron Titanic documentary, playing on Discovery at the moment is worth a watch.
You can tell from his comments and narration, whilst they examine the wreck, that the film back story is as accurate as he could possibly get it, both with the sets and the actions and locations of the crew throughout the sinking.
 gd303uk 09 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell: In the 3d version does Kate allow leo on the floating bit of wood? there was enough room for 2 .
 butteredfrog 09 Apr 2012
In reply to gd303uk:

Hint: she's a woman!

At first glance you would think a double bed had room for two!
 Tom Last 09 Apr 2012
In reply to butteredfrog:
> (In reply to gd303uk)
>
> Hint: she's a woman!
>
> At first glance you would think a double bed had room for two!

Ha, my missus prefers to drape half the duvet on the floor, rather than let me have any.

Why is it Leonardo DiCaprio always seems to en up getting wet in films he's in, it's a bit unsettling really - unavoidable in Titanic though I suppose.
 Jon Jones 09 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell:
> Just got back from seeing this,£10 a ticket. Was it worth it ? Not really! It is a compelling film along with that song,more a love story being played out against the back ground of the Titanic disaster. Trouble is every time I see this film I seem to loathe the Rose character more and more, She's such a self centered immature juvenile. OK I can understand that she doesn't love the man shes doomed to marry but dose she have to humiliated the chap by shagging Jack Dawson, she then compounds her selfishness by allowing her Mother to believe she had gone down on Titanic. Then at the end of the film old Rose goes and throws the bloody diamond in the Ocean . what a selfish self centered me me me me cow !

That's all well and good but she does have a great rack
 nightmonkeyuk 09 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell:
You'd think they'd be able to avoid the iceberg now its in 3d.
OP BigHell 09 Apr 2012
In reply to gd303uk:
> (In reply to bighell) In the 3d version does Kate allow leo on the floating bit of wood? there was enough room for 2 .

No ! only room for her fat ass .
OP BigHell 09 Apr 2012
In reply to Jon Jones:
> (In reply to bighell)
> [...]
>
>
>
>
> That's all well and good but she does have a great rack

In 3D ? Yes.
OP BigHell 09 Apr 2012
> (In reply to bighell)
>
> But is it worth seeing again? I'm being pressured to go and I can't see the point as we've all seen the old version, does the 3D add anything?

See above comment .
OP BigHell 09 Apr 2012
In reply to Cornelius Kite:
> (In reply to bighell) AS you say, it's a love story - people in love behave impetuously, irrationally, emotionally, no? She's a conventional yet free-spirited girl following the path of a conventional 'arranged' marriage. she meets Jack and falls for him. She risks her life to be with him, she 'shags' him in a moment of passion (when the other guy is behaving in a very controlling way), then later renounces her old family (because they're so stuffy), then years later (always having held on to her love for Jack) she throws the diamond in the sea to commemorate her love for Jack. Not sure any of that makes her selfish?

Your such a romantic, probably comes with being an artist.The poor salvage guy having spent three years looking for the Hart of the Ocean. (That's the name of the diamond )Then spends over three hours listening to the old bats story for only to have her chuck it in the Ocean, and of course to have her mother believing she had gone down on Titanic and probably Jack too is I believe the act of a self centered person .

But what if Jack had lived ?

youtube.com/watch?v=u7yGrD7m62g&

I think he would have kicked her selfish arse out of bed pretty dam quick .

David Hooper 09 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell: i think a film needs to be conceived and planned as a 3D project - like the technically stunning Avatar,rather than having a 3D makeover.
OP BigHell 09 Apr 2012
In reply to David Hooper:
> (In reply to bighell) i think a film needs to be conceived and planned as a 3D project - like the technically stunning Avatar,rather than having a 3D makeover.

I agree! In parts the film was quite watchable with out the glasses on. The 3D effect being hardly obvious,then becoming more prominent in other scenes. For example when the stern of the ship falls back into the Ocean I was expecting to get covered in a wall of water,this didn't happen .As for the arty bit, the scene where Jack draws the picture of Rose,well its fair to say that Rose/Kate's bits did not stand out as one had hoped ...loll Much to the amusement of Mrs Hell !
 Bruce Hooker 09 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell:

> I was expecting to get covered in a wall of water,this didn't happen .

No water even, so the special effects weren't up to much then
 CMcBain 09 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell:

The film where Jack lives has already been made

youtube.com/watch?v=rKqsSpk5d9c&
OP BigHell 09 Apr 2012
> (In reply to bighell)
>
> [...]
>
> No water even, so the special effects weren't up to much then

No water not even beer ! strange obsessions with this Film here's another one I found earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vetaFnJ2TpQ&feature=related
 jules699 09 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell: How'd they release a movie in 3D retrospectively if it was shot in normal/2D???
OP BigHell 09 Apr 2012
In reply to jules699:
> (In reply to bighell) How'd they release a movie in 3D retrospectively if it was shot in normal/2D???

Not very well !
 Nathan Adam 09 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell: Kate Winslet + Boobs = £10 worth spending !
OP BigHell 09 Apr 2012
In reply to Nath93:
> (In reply to bighell) Kate Winslet + Boobs = £10 worth spending !

Mmmmmmm........No !
needvert 09 Apr 2012
In reply to Nath93:

Could get straight to the point and go to somewhere with hotter-than-Kate girls, and while your 10 quid won't last very long, the boobs will be much more 3D and you won't have to endure the rest of the titanic movie.
 CurlyStevo 10 Apr 2012
In reply to bighell:
> Just got back from seeing this,£10 a ticket. Was it worth it ? Not really! It is a compelling film along with that song,more a love story being played out against the back ground of the Titanic disaster. Trouble is every time I see this film I seem to loathe the Rose character more and more, She's such a self centered immature juvenile. OK I can understand that she doesn't love the man shes doomed to marry but dose she have to humiliated the chap by shagging Jack Dawson, she then compounds her selfishness by allowing her Mother to believe she had gone down on Titanic. Then at the end of the film old Rose goes and throws the bloody diamond in the Ocean . what a selfish self centered me me me me cow !

this film was not shot in 3d was it? inwhich case yr not getting a full 3d experience either in the dimensionlality of the image or the types of shot that best fit this medium.
 graeme jackson 10 Apr 2012
In reply to David Hooper:
> (In reply to bighell) i think a film needs to be conceived and planned as a 3D project - like the technically stunning Avatar,rather than having a 3D makeover.

Nathan Adam 10 Apr 2012
In reply to needvert: A fair point. You can walk through any city in the country and get a good view !
 owlart 10 Apr 2012
> But is it worth seeing again? I'm being pressured to go and I can't see the point as we've all seen the old version, does the 3D add anything?

Does 3D add anything? Well, the ship still sinks, if that's what you mean?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...