UKC

NEW REVIEW: Lifesystems Mountain First Aid Kit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 26 Apr 2012
Lifesystems Mountain First Aid Kit, 3 kbMountain first aid instructor Cara-Lyn Reynolds reviews a Lifesystems Mountain First Aid Kit:

"This pack seems designed by hillgoers for hillgoers. However, I felt the designers of the pack had a few Jekyll and Hyde moments...

Lifesystems respond to her comments at the foot of the review:

"...We cannot always do everything, and sometimes cannot do anything, but as our kits are made in the UK and we will always strive to make the best kits for outdoor enthusiasts..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=4581

Monk 26 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Interesting review. I like Lifesystems kits, but I have to admit that the first thing I do with an off-the-shelf first aid kit is take some things out and put new things in.
 TobyA 26 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Good review Caralyn! I had never heard the word "axilla" before so you learn something new everyday. I was greatly relieved to find out you put your fridge thermometer in your patient's armpit as opposed to errrr... the other option. I remember seeing a documentary about extreme survival where some scientists did some horrific ski trip in the Canadian arctic with thermometers in errrr... the other place to take constant readings.
birdman 26 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

would mention though in the response form Lifesystem, they mentioned removing the zinc oxide tape and instead using wider micro pore tape. In my experience, micro pore tape is next to useless in the outdoors. Zinc oxide at least sticks and can be used for prevention of blisters.
 lithos 26 Apr 2012
In reply to birdman:

arnt some people allergic to zinc oxide but are fine with micro pore (or gaffa
 Caralynh 26 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

To Lifesystems - brilliant response to the review, thank you. I can totally see now why some things are hard to do, given regulations (wasn't aware tbh that you couldn't just pop in a sachet of this and a strip of that - v. interesting). Great that you're considering pencil and a sheet of waterproof paper (as I said, one side plain, one side brief cas. card would be fab).

Thanks for listening to feedback - as I said, it's a good kit for those wanting comprehensive stuff, and unlike many people, at least you're thinking like walkers/climbers!

Cheers! Cara x
In reply to Caralynr: Good review, thanks. I guess pricing of items is tricky but I have found that the one non-disposable item in my first aid kit that I use time and time again with groups is a neoprene knee support.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...