UKC

Chalk balls????

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Runner_bean87 27 Apr 2012
I've had my chalk ball for about 2 months I've just bin using an indoor wall about 3 times a week and it's all gone! Is this right?

Any advise on chalk use would be helpful

Thanks
Rob
 Dave 88 27 Apr 2012
In reply to Runner_bean87:

How long were you expecting it to last?
 Styx 27 Apr 2012
Sounds like someone has been fondling your balls whilst you weren't looking, tut tut.
 Cake 27 Apr 2012
You have options:

1)Use less to make it last longer (I try not to use it much because it's bad for my skin).

2) Climb less and become weak.

3) Take the hit (It's only £2 a ball isn't it?)

If you take a good dip as much as most boulderers do, yes, it is probably normal to use up chalk at that rate

Cake
 birdie num num 27 Apr 2012
Don't chalk any further up than your elbows
 JanBella 27 Apr 2012
In reply to Runner_bean87: mine last like a weak or two at max. I got told to hoover all the chalk of the floor in my climbing centre haha.
 goose299 27 Apr 2012
yeh, you're using too much
OP Runner_bean87 27 Apr 2012
In reply to Runner_bean87: Thanks guys I know that it's going to run out but just needed some advice
 Fishmate 27 Apr 2012
In reply to Runner_bean87: I notice a lot of climbers chalk up as soon as they start climbing indoors which I suspect isn't necessary for all. I guess our hands start sweating at different times, but I always wait until I need it which is usually an hour or so into a session after warm up and warm up routes are out the way. Are you using it out of habit or because you need it?
 gd303uk 27 Apr 2012
In reply to Runner_bean87: I find when show boating on a nice overhang it looks good to casually dip into your chalk bag before moving on, I suggest you do less ,,, overhangs.
sounds about rite though they don't last long, just get chalk block or bags of chalk then you can create a little cloud of chalk before you start the climb.
 Robert Durran 27 Apr 2012
> I've had my chalk ball for about 2 months I've just bin using an indoor wall about 3 times a week and it's all gone! Is this right?

No it is weird. If you are using as little chalk as that, your sweat glands have clearly stopped working. You should see a doctor.
needvert 27 Apr 2012

My balls are refillable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...