UKC

OI NEWS: A Bouldering Wall Like No Other? - Launches 5th May

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 30 Apr 2012
Britains Best Bouldering Centre? Launches 5th May #1, 5 kbBoulder Central celebrates is launch with a massive party and day of climbing on Saturday 5th May 12pm - Late.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4592
 Owen W-G 30 Apr 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Am I being blind or is there no indication of location?
 d_b 01 May 2012
In reply to Owen W-G: West Bromwich
In reply to UKC Gear:

A rough schedule of the day is now posted on our website:

http://bouldercentral.co.uk/news-events/12-events/10-launch-day.html

I apologise for the omission our address. For clarity it's
Boulder Central
Richmond Street South
West Bromwich
B70 0DG
 AlasdairM 02 May 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Unsure about the lack of inductions on your launch day, because if a beginner turns up seeing you are open you don't want to put them off permanently by turning them away...
In reply to AlasdairM:

If a beginner turns up on the launch day, they can still climb under supervision from a competent, adult member.

We do not want to suggest that inductions are available as the centre may be too busy and circumstances of the day as such that we may not be able conduct inductions in a safe or proper manner.

Hope that helps your query

Jon
 7om 03 May 2012
In reply to AlasdairM:
It looks like there is also a taster day on monday that would be more suitable for new climbers. Details on the website.
well i cant wait to come and see what yous are offering

me and my girlfriend are travelling down to birmingham tonight from Glasgow and will see yous when yous open those doors

thanks
Declan and Clair
 Bulls Crack 04 May 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Does anyone do any more natural featured walls anymore? They mostly look identical bar the paint job - ie faceted panels, the off gimmicky bit etc etc
 tim000 04 May 2012
In reply to Bulls Crack: northwest face in warrington have a featured wall in the bouldering area. only has easy routes on but plenty of features to make your own routes.
In reply to UKC Gear:

Teaser for the launch day:

vimeo.com/41564789

enjoy!
 NickReyner 11 May 2012
In reply to Boulder Central: Great Wall, Great problems, well laid out, Friendly helpful staff. What more could you want!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...