UKC

Anyone got their hands on the new peak limestone yet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JamieSparkes Global Crag Moderator 11 May 2012
As above really, anyone got a copy through yet? thoughts on it?
In reply to JamieSparkes: Mine's still not arrived from my preorder a few weeks ago.
In reply to Double Knee Bar: Got it now, looks pretty good. Missing Craig y Biceps though even though it's included on the side bar :-s I can't climb that hard anyway so doesn't bother me too much.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 12 May 2012
In reply to Double Knee Bar:
> (In reply to Double Knee Bar) Got it now, looks pretty good. Missing Craig y Biceps though even though it's included on the side bar :-s I can't climb that hard anyway so doesn't bother me too much.

CyB in in the Staden Quarry section.

Chris
 chris fox 12 May 2012
In reply to Chris Craggs:

> CyB in in the Staden Quarry section.
>
>
> Chris

touché !!

Mine arrived today, looks great, well done guys.
In reply to Chris Craggs: Thanks for that Chris. We only had a quick glance at the pub last night and were confused by the sidebar going from beerhouse to staden.
 Si dH 13 May 2012
In reply to JamieSparkes:
Mine arrived Thursday. Im pleased to have it, but have to say slightly mixed feelings.
Pluses: much improved photos, a few new crags, correct regrading of some of the sport routes based on lots of logbook mileage over the last couple of years.
Minuses: I feel the book could have been put together thinner for what it contains, and hence cheaper as well as more packable. More importantly, despite the long wait and high price tag, most of the route descriptions are word-for-word identical to those in northern limestone. While when nothing ha changed this is fine, there are cases where that isnt the case. For instance it still says the top of of case adjourned and open gate feel like e5. I feel that every route description from the old guide should have at least have been checked. In many cases this would have been as easy as reviewing the logbook entries.

Still, I know some descriptions have been updated positively so thanks for that.

Semi-satisfied overall.

Si
 Calder 13 May 2012
In reply to Si dH:

How did you get yours on Thursday? Mine's still not arrived!
 Si dH 13 May 2012
In reply to Calder:
It arrived by post

I think it was Thursday but could have been Friday to be fair, I was away with work until Friday evening so didnt see it until then.
 Calder 13 May 2012
In reply to Si dH:

It's probably because I live in the north and the post-men round here still use horse and cart. :|
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 13 May 2012
In reply to Si dH:
> More importantly, despite the long wait and high price tag, most of the route descriptions are word-for-word identical to those in northern limestone. While when nothing ha changed this is fine, there are cases where that isnt the case. For instance it still says the top of of case adjourned and open gate feel like e5. I feel that every route description from the old guide should have at least have been checked. In many cases this would have been as easy as reviewing the logbook entries.
>

Thais a bit odd really, one of the reasons for the delay was the checking of the old descriptions, changing them where appropriate and cross-checking against the databases. If 'most of the descriptions are word for word' then it was time wasted!

At least you are 'semi-satisfied'.

Chris
 Ramblin dave 15 May 2012
Got mine yesterday. It's nice.

Now I just need to get better at climbing so I can actually do some routes at more than about three of the crags in it...
 Tiberius 16 May 2012

I like it Perfect time to start ticking some of the routes off too.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 16 May 2012
In reply to Tiberius:
> (In reply to JamieSparkes)
>
> I like it Perfect time to start ticking some of the routes off too.

Cheers. I finally got a copy and I like it too!

Chris
 johncook 16 May 2012
In reply to JamieSparkes: Mine should have been here Friday, but the postman said it was 'too big for the letter box' so had to go and collect it from the main post office which only opens when people can't get there, apparently. I like the guide. I will be out this weekend using it weather permitting.
cookie
 Calder 16 May 2012
> As above really, anyone got a copy through yet? thoughts on it?

my wishlist has ballooned and I'm feeling inspired!
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 17 May 2012

Just flicking through the new book for the first time.

There's a nice full page photo on Page 7, of Laura Hudson making the rockover move on Body Machine (F7c+) at Raven Tor....

.....except it isn't Body Machine at all - it's Indecent Exposure!

(sorry Alan and Chris. I know I saw some proofs, but I didn't ever see the introductory pages).

Neil
 Graham Hoey 18 May 2012
In reply to Neil Foster:
> (In reply to JamieSparkes)
>
>
> (sorry Alan and Chris. I know I saw some proofs, but I didn't ever see the introductory pages).
>
> Neil

Neither did I !!

Graham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...