UKC

Would you listen to Ian Parnell?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike lawrence? 14 May 2012
Well I did and he gave me a great day that i'd never have had without him. I was talking with him in the Llanberis Slate quarries and asked him what out of the norm adventure trad route sub E3 he would recommend. He pondered and said Exposure Explosion, a HVS at Ogmore. I had vaguely heard of Ogmore, never of the route but as he has some sort of pedigree when it comes to adventure thought i would trust him. I've done many routes with better moves but never a more full on HVS, got to be the best adventure HVS in the country - really unmissable, worth driving a long way for. Anyone done a better route i'd be pleased to hear it.

So thanks Ian and everyone is Listen to Ian!

mike
 GrahamD 14 May 2012
In reply to mikelawrence aka jonnienomates:

We did Pinochio as a lead in to Exposure Explosion and that makes for an even better trip. I would say that Traverse of the Gods at VS at Swanage is better.

At HVS, Fantan B is really good as is Journey to Ixlan. At a total sandbag HVS (in older guides - more fairl E2) is Preposterous Tales
 Kafoozalem 14 May 2012

Pigs on the Wing is a similar adventure in Pembroke.
 duncan 14 May 2012

Ian wrote an excellent article on SW trad. adventures for one of the comics a few years ago. The three routes featured were Exposure Explosion, Skeleton Ridge and Traverse of the Gods, so now you know what to do next!

(Skeleton Ridge is fabulous, though perhaps more like MXS than HVS)
 Dave 88 14 May 2012

Ian's blog is a great source of stupid ideas. It's his fault that I want to do The Equator at Avon. Can't find anyone who wants to do it with me though....
 Mark Kemball 14 May 2012
In reply to mikelawrence aka jonnienomates: Thanks for that - that's going onto my wishlist (I've never climbed at Ogmore).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...