UKC

Hurl Stone Point

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dartfrog 30 May 2012
Has anyone got routes info for Hurl Stone point in Somerset and Ivystone. Exmoor coast climbing.

I am told they are featured in the old 1988 issue of the North Devon climbers club guide. I know they are featured on UKC but it would be useful to have a proper map.

Can any one help?

D
 gingerdave13 30 May 2012
In reply to dartfrog: hmmm, i did have a PDF copy of this somewhere (i'd asked about this same thing yooooooonks ago), i'll have to have a look when i get home.

cracking good area, if you like a bit of esoteric.. had a really wicked time. Just look out for loose rock!
 The Pylon King 30 May 2012
In reply to dartfrog:

I was after info myself recently and remembered seeing a website once. Unfortunately the website is no more (the man who ran it and one of the main activists of the area recently passed away).
However a friend of mine found an archive of the site here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090429090756/http://www.exmoor92.fsnet.co.uk/E...

The 1988 CC guide doesn't have much in it but it does have a good map.
I could scan and email for you.

When you going down? I am currently taking action pics for a new guide.

Mark
 Al Evans 30 May 2012
In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King: Well done that man, it was an excellent website, I didn't know you could find such things once they were no more.
In reply to Al Evans:
> (In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King) Well done that man, it was an excellent website, I didn't know you could find such things once they were no more.

Neither did i until a friend found it!
In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King:
> (In reply to dartfrog)
>
> (the man who ran it and one of the main activists of the area recently passed away).

Terry Cheek
 Tom Last 30 May 2012
In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King:

Oh that's a shame, he posted on here occassionally, always very helpful.
Josh Maye 31 May 2012
In reply to dartfrog: I have a topographical map. I climbed there last year and find out that due to its neglect it is very crumbly. Just be careful...
OP dartfrog 31 May 2012
Hi

Yeh head down there often and had the routes via the old site bit it went, thanks for uploading this. Its a lovely spot. Not much appears to have been done on the middle section between the bouldering area and coast guard slab.

Only one E2 if I remember.

Keep me posted if there is a new guide coming out. If you can email me any info that would be of use,

D
OP dartfrog 01 Jun 2012
In reply to dartfrog: Gingerdave don't suppose you can email the pdf? be handy if you could.

D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...