UKC

Malham camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 11 Jun 2012
Riverside or Gordale Scar.....

Which would you pick for a long weekend and why???
 Tall Clare 11 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Which one's Riverside? I've camped at the site at the end of Malham village, on the road up to the cove, and it was very civilised. Didn't Gordale campsite have a reputation for loud groups with ghetto blasters and barky dogs?
OP AdCo82 11 Jun 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

I think you have camped at Riverside then.....
 Tall Clare 11 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Ah. In that case that gets my vote
OP AdCo82 11 Jun 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

good facilities?

free or meter shower????
 DaveHK 11 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Whichever you choose make sure you savour the full grumpy yorkshire farmer experience...
 Tall Clare 11 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Nice and clean. Can't remember about the showers.
OP AdCo82 11 Jun 2012
In reply to DaveHK:

I don't mind the grumpy yorkshire farmers or the showers.....it's Mrs AT that is fussy with facilities and if showers are on meter it'll cost more than a night in the pub haha
 lithos 11 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

met Adam Ondra in the showers last year !
 EeeByGum 12 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: Riverside for me unless out of season. Gordale is lovely but gets very busy and it rather too far from the pubs.
 alooker 12 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: I THINK it was £1 for 6-7 minutes when I was there. I could be mistaken for somewhere else though, give them a call maybe. Would recommend other than the metered showers (which is understandable really), very clean and well kept with a good situation
 SonyaD 12 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: Am trying to book that Riverside campsite for this weekend but the feckers never answer their bloody phone! Have been phoning on and off for the past 2 days with no joy. What sort of business doesn't answer their phone? You can't book online either! Hoping it's going to be possible to just drive there and turn up.
 Enty 12 Jun 2012
In reply to DaveHK:
> (In reply to An Triubhas)
>
> Whichever you choose make sure you savour the full grumpy yorkshire farmer experience...

Ha ha yes!!

E
OP AdCo82 15 Jun 2012
What is it like for drainage / wet ground if pissing it down??

From what I remember Gordale is pretty bad, is Riverside any better???
OP AdCo82 17 Jun 2012
anyone???
 Tom W 17 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Don't know what the drainage is like, but we were going to stay there last weekend for a friends birthday and he wouldn't let us book (campervan) due to the wet forecast, so guess it must hold some water.
 Si dH 18 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: riverside drainage iis ok if gou pick a sensible spot, should be obvious. However the owners are up their own arses and customer service is crap - they get away with it because of the location, which is perfect (so ill still go back!) Showers are expensive and run out quite quickly.
 jenniwat001 18 Jun 2012
If Riverdale is the one where you get the view of Malham cove as you exit your tent in the morning then I'd go for that one. I hav stayed at both, but thats the best.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...