UKC

Diamonds are not forever....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SFM 03 Jul 2012
...it would seem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18685040

Who is next? Be interesting to see how far Tucker gets drawn into this or if it gets put in the box of "misinterpreation" (of what he said) and stuffed at the back of the cupboard.
 The Lemming 03 Jul 2012
In reply to SFM:

Maybe we could also see MP's of all parties follow this example and resign when the situation merits?
OP SFM 03 Jul 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

I'd like to think that one or two politicians have that sort of moral courage...
 EZ 03 Jul 2012
In reply to SFM:

> moral courage

Haha. That man is made many times over you. There is no moral courage in giving a fiver to charity unless it's your last fiver.

And why do people think that someone resigning makes the situation different or better. That man didn't orchestrate the whole affair and even if he had, he is just a player in a game. Another player will take his place because nobody changed the rules of the game, and never will if we keep just asking people to resign instead of looking at what produces an environment where people can do such things.

Oh my god we're all doomed!
OP SFM 03 Jul 2012
In reply to EZ:

I wasn't entirely being serious. Politicians are no better nor worse. Same animal different environment.
They are happy to have the media hounding at the door of someone else as it stops them looking too closely at what they are up to.

Would it have been better that Barclays collapsed Northern Rock/ RBS style or steered a dubious legal path through tricky times? I don't know the answer but at the time it may well have been that the latter was deemed to be the better option for all.
 gethin_allen 03 Jul 2012
In reply to SFM:
If I were him I'd have buggered off many moons ago, He's taken home ~£ 50 million after tax in the last 6 years and god only knows how much before then so he could very easily be "living happily ever after" but he's so bloody greedy that he just keeps chasing the money.
 GrahamD 03 Jul 2012
In reply to gethin_allen:

Money isn't what motivates at that level - its competition. Money is only the means by which they measure their superiority over the competition.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...