UKC

Anyone else based in London? And how do you get your fix...?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Nelson 10 Jul 2012
So, living in the capital is great. But access to the outdoors is, erm, limited.

So, firstly, who is trapped in here with me? And secondly, how do you get your photography fix in between trips.

And then, ultimately, does anyone know of a meet-up for adventure photogs in London, (and if not, does anyone fancy starting one with me)

Blue Straggler 10 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson:

Why not learn how to take fascinating photographs in London, one of the most vibrant and diverse cities in the world?
Andy Nelson 10 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson: Absolutely. Yesterday's mini photo safari was 35 @ 35. 35 portraits of people on the street all shot at 35mm. More an exercise in approaching people than in great photography, but useful never the less.
Certainly not short of content to shoot here, just wondered if anyone what everyone else was shooting.
 Blue Straggler 10 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson:

Sorry - I think I misinterpreted your OP!
 Richard Carter 10 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson:

Would have loved to join you that's exactly the kind of stuff I'm into*

Richard

*Well aside from using 35mm, more of a 40-45mm guy! ;-P
 stonemaster 10 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson: Plenty of canal tow paths and open spaces, eg Hampstead Heath, etc
Andy Nelson 10 Jul 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler: No worries,. Re-reading my OP its not quite as clear as it was in my head. I guess what I'm really looking for is some 'photo buddies' to coin an unpleasant sounding phrase) particularly those with a leaning toward adventure and action sports.
a) Is there a club, gathering, meetup group or similar that someone knows of and then
b) If not, should we start one? (Or perhaps just meet up for a beer and chat, perhaps arrange a trip to shoot something etc)
 David Ponting 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson: Certainly in terms of the "sports" part, I've had a chance to do a fair bit as part of a student newspaper, but it tends to be normal-ish sports (I've had media passes for the Varsity rugby, football, polo, and a lot of rowing events), so that's been how I've been getting a "fix" of sports.

I'd definitely be keen to do more though (ideally north of London since I'm in Cambridge rather than London itself)
 carnie 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson: Check out www.kiell.com
 BoulderBus 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson:

Phillip Pinchin, a climber from Mile End, has a photographic exhibition at the Mile End Art Pavilion 16th-29th July, the focus is on slightly different subject matter, but he might be in to sharing a trip.....
Andy Nelson 11 Jul 2012
In reply to BoulderBus: Great idea, I'll check that out, thanks
 Nadir khan 11 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson: Hi Andy ,
Though not based in the capital itself , I live an hours train journey in manningtree, I do love photographing in London . I think its one of the best cities in the world to photograph and its right on our doorstep . Would be happy to meet up to chat around ideas etc , i do run a photo critique group in manningtree once a month where photographers bring 4 images , from different genres , and every one else critiques them , your welcome to join us if you can stomach the 1 hour train from Liverpool st . heres some recent stuff from london
http://www.nadirkhanphotography.co.uk/image/405
http://nadirkhanphotography.co.uk/blog/?attachment_id=494
http://www.nadirkhanphotography.co.uk/image/194
Andy Nelson 12 Jul 2012
In reply to Nadir khan: That, sir, sounds great. Please drop me a mail to andy@nelsonimagesdotcodotuk with the date and time of the next manningtree session would love to get involved.
Next time you're in the Big Smoke let's hook up, let me know when, would be great
 Nadir khan 12 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson: the next one is planned for next week , Tuesday 17 July 8.oo pm , Red Lion < south street > i can pick you up from the station and drop you off as i go past the station > have just bought the 5D mark iii and the 24mm TSEii so will defo be heading into London to do some big architectural stuff .

The idea of the critique group is bring 4 images of 4 different genres, and everyone else critiques them , either put them on a memory stick or bring a laptop/ipad with the images . its a small group and one of the guys is in switzerland and another is having a baby next week so will probably be around 4 or 5 people .

let me know if you want to join us
Andy Nelson 12 Jul 2012
In reply to Nadir khan: Would love to, but.... 2 weeks in the Alps starts tomorrow! So will have to be next one., hopefully with some alpine shots thrown in.

Mark III eh, interesting. When I get back lets go shoot....
 dougair 13 Jul 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson: I also live in London and having just upgraded to a 5D Mk II would love to get out and about.
Andy Nelson 01 Aug 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson: Well, great trip to the alps that. But I'm back and keen to flex the shutter button. Nadir when are you next meeting in manningtree?
 Nadir khan 01 Aug 2012
In reply to Andy Nelson: have emailed you with my mobile Number , drop me a text and we'll sort out meeting up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...