UKC

Name for a meeting room...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Darkskys 24 Jul 2012
I work for Virgin media and they're always offering quality incentives for the most ridiculous tasks.
I'm not the most creative person, but wondered if anyone had any idea's for a name for a meeting room? I guess the more related to Virgin it is the better but it doesn't really matter, as long as its fun.

Philip 24 Jul 2012
The Branson Room

Nothing wrong with a bit or arse licking.
 dale1968 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: den of iniquity
 FrankBooth 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:
The Virgin Meeting Room is pretty memorable!
Wonko The Sane 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: At a Bovis Lend Lease office I used to work in, our main meeting room was called 'War Room'

Door plated and everything.
In reply to Darkskys: The Hot Air House.

T.
In reply to Darkskys: The Lost Cherry Orchard?

T.
 Steve John B 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: The "Doesn't really include Sky Atlantic even though the ads seem to say that it does" room?
OP Darkskys 24 Jul 2012
In reply to dale1968: Got to have that!!!
 EeeByGum 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Steve John B: Or how about the "Virgin, sponsored by the UK government" room?
OP Darkskys 24 Jul 2012
In reply to EeeByGum: Sponsored by the UK goverment?

What do you mean?
 AlisonSmiles 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: We have room 101.
In reply to Darkskys: Or, following on from the previous allusion, and more sensibly, just call it the Chekhov room.

T.
 Scarab9 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

cocktail closet
secret hq 1
greyskull

basically something that sounds quirky and fun without being in anyway offensive. Think flirty.

basically think about Virgin's whole marketing and brand angle and go from there.
 graeme jackson 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:
>I guess the more related to Virgin it is the better

How about 'the Susan Boyle room'
ceri 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Wonko The Sane:
> (In reply to Darkskys) At a Bovis Lend Lease office I used to work in, our main meeting room was called 'War Room'
>
> Door plated and everything.

I used to drink in a pub where one of the rooms was the war room.

How about something space related?
 graeme jackson 24 Jul 2012
In reply to ceri:
> How about something space related?

The Big empty room
 Amy Kilpin 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: Ours is called Base Camp! (totally non-mountaineering related, and not my idea).
 Goucho 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: Sounds to me like another case of 'middle management' (or as I like to call them - the lard in the arteries of business) having f*ck all better to do.

Wonder if the Great man himself RB, would consider this important.

Anyhow, as it is likely to be filled purely with middle management meetings, why not just call it 'The Wankers Room'!
In reply to Darkskys:
the conception room
 Flinticus 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Goucho:
The Toss Pot?
 SFM 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

Me Eating Room
Mission Control
The (Branson) Brain Box
The Earth revolves around here(very tenuous I know)
 gingerdave13 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: if it's a small room:

the think big room

just for the irony?
OP Darkskys 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Goucho: No Gouch (isn't that the place betwee the balls and bumhole?) who-ever comes up with the most voted for name wins an iPad3.

Not bad for a lazy ass middle management incentive I guess!

Thanks for the involvement though
OP Darkskys 24 Jul 2012
In reply to SFM: Mission Control will be a good one, we have a space theme just next door to that meeting room so it might fit in quite well
 Radioactiveman 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

The bullsh1t factory

Work avoidance facility

biscuit consumption area
 Swig 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Goucho:
> why not just call it 'The Wankers Room'!

The tw*tcave?

In reply to Darkskys: Label the door "The Hymen".
Flatus Vetus 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

The Gobshiteatorium
 birdie num num 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:
For Num Num, 'The Gobshiteatorium' is the winner from Flatus Vitus. What else could possibly sum up the type of twaddle and bollocks that will be expounded in there by all the keen young office toadys that will attend?
 john arran 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

The Vroooom
 john arran 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

The Cherrybowl
 john arran 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

The Borgroom
Daithi O Murchu 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

the Hymen room
Wonko The Sane 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: Six munce ago i cudent even spell maniger and now I are one!!
 stonemaster 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: Torture Chamber?
 3leggeddog 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

The Bullshit Bingo Hall
 Ridge 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Swig:
> (In reply to Goucho)
> [...]
>
> The tw*tcave?

The W*nk Bank?
 EeeByGum 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:
> (In reply to EeeByGum) Sponsored by the UK goverment?
>
> What do you mean?

Well, look at all of the businesses that Richard Branson has run:

- Virgin Music started out successfully because it was basically running a tax fiddle which Branson was done for in court.
- Virgin Atlantic was a state sponsored monopoly in that it's main business was the Heathrow to New York run which is a closed shop and only has BA competing. Despite this, it was propped up by the Music biz for a number of years.
- Virgin Train's West Coast mainline is a government sponsored monopoly with no competition although he did nearly loose it because of poor management and did loose the Cross Country franchise.
- His latest coup is taking Northern Rock off the government at a knock down price.

More or less all the other companies he has tried to run (Virgin Cola, Virgin Cinemas, Virgin Brides, Virgin Clothes, his bids for the lottery, to name but a few) have all failed miserably despite the hype.

Virgin Media only succeeds because he is now a minority shareholder.

See http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2005/dec/12/digitalmedia.broadcasting but there is tonnes of other stuff about him. I always thought he was a bit of a dude until I read his biography which paints a picture of a cold ruthless money grabbing self publicist which on reflection fits much better.
 Neil Williams 25 Jul 2012
In reply to EeeByGum:

"did loose the Cross Country franchise."

Not as such. He didn't win it again when it was retendered, because another bid was better value for the Government (and offers IMO a worse service than in Virgin days). That's all.

"I always thought he was a bit of a dude until I read his biography which paints a picture of a cold ruthless money grabbing self publicist which on reflection fits much better."

I think to be successful in big business you have to be like that, which is probably why I'm not.

Neil
 Andy Hardy 25 Jul 2012
In reply to graeme jackson:
> (In reply to Darkskys)
> >I guess the more related to Virgin it is the better
>
> How about 'the Susan Boyle room'

Or 'Ann Widdecombe's Boudoir'
 lynda 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: We have a Eureka! room (yes, it does have the exclamation mark).

It is cool though, the walls lined with a whiteboard-like material and you can write all over it
 Siward 25 Jul 2012
...his biography which paints a picture of a cold ruthless money grabbing self publicist which on reflection fits much better.

Show me a world beating entrepreneur who has a heart of gold and, I dunno, perhaps I'll give you an ipad3.

(OK, maybe I won't, but it takes a ruthless streak to navigate in that sort of world)
Wonko The Sane 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Siward: Bill Gates?
 Hat Dude 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

"Intacta"
 marsbar 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Darkskys: The bored room.
 3leggeddog 26 Jul 2012
In reply to lynda:
> (In reply to Darkskys) We have a Eureka! room (yes, it does have the exclamation mark).
>
> It is cool though, the walls lined with a whiteboard-like material and you can write all over it

Places like that really exist outside of comedy sketches?

Nauseating

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...