UKC

Ice Climbing - Les Arcs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jimhall 24 Jul 2012
I know this question has been asked before, but I have'nt been able to get much information from previous posts. So, does anyone know of any ice falls that are easily accessible in Les Arcs? I'm going skiing with a group in January who have never ice climbed. I was hoping to set up a top rope for them.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Jim
OP jimhall 09 Aug 2012
In reply to jimhall: Cheers mate. Much appreciated
 tom290483 10 Aug 2012
In reply to jimhall:

ski over to la plagne and go jump on this bad boy.....

http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-champagny/introduction/leisure-and-pursu...
OP jimhall 10 Aug 2012
In reply to jimhall: That looks incredible!! Definately have to have a go on that!
 MikeC_000 20 Aug 2012
Theres a popular spot on the road to Val D'Isere just before the last tunnel on the left. Evolution II use this frozen fall for tourists. Not sure of the difficulty but sounds like your looking for something easy !!
OP jimhall 20 Aug 2012
In reply to jimhall: Yep, just looking for something easy. i will take a look at that. Would you need to drive from les arcs or is it within ski/walking distance?
 kermit_uk 21 Aug 2012
In reply to jimhall:

I've been on the big tripod tower thing. My first go at Ice climbing me and a mate 32 euros each for a couple of hours with an instructor and boots crampons helmet and axes are provided.

It's in a beautiful location set in amongst the trees. Is a bit of a drive round the mountain roads I was staying in la plagne and it was just over an hours drive but the roads aren't exactly fast round there. You can ski to it but in the evening the lifts stop then you can't get home. Oh it's all floodlight by the way!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...