UKC

Rab Expedition Kit Bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
kldavidson 10 Aug 2012
Hi,

Does anybody have any experience with the Rab expedition Kit bags?

They look a good piece of kit but can't get my hands on on to physically see it, and have a look at straps pockets etc..

ta Kev.
 galpinos 10 Aug 2012
In reply to kldavidson:

I use one and like it. Not as heavy duty as the TNF ones (my wife has one) but it's lighter, very water resistant and hasn't let me down. Far too easy to lose kit inside it though, the big one feels cavernous!
In reply to kldavidson: I've got a 100 litre one which I'm really pleased with. They all seem to be fairly small for the quoted size, mine feels more like an 80 litre bag. It's a lot lighter than say the North Face kitbags so not going to be as durable, but the weight saving seems worth it when close to airline baggage limits. Can't say I've tested the waterproofing qualities. =o)
kldavidson 10 Aug 2012
In reply to kldavidson:

How are the rucksack strap for comfort, just for short trips whilst travelling around a bit?

And also what sort of pockets does it have internally?

Kev
kldavidson 10 Aug 2012
In reply to galpinos: How are the rucksack strap for comfort, just for short trips whilst travelling around a bit?

Kev
kldavidson 10 Aug 2012
In reply to highaltitudebarista: How are the rucksack strap for comfort, just for short trips whilst travelling around a bit?

Kev
In reply to kldavidson: It doesn't really carry well as a rucksack to be fair, find for short distances but not particually comfortable for anything longer. It's not the straps itself that's the problem, more the complete lack of back support - guess you can work round it to a degree with careful packing. I'd prefer a single big shoulder strap, it's the one thing the bag is missing.
 galpinos 10 Aug 2012
In reply to highaltitudebarista:

Mine's got a.single big shoulder strap?
In reply to galpinos: ORLY? Which size bag do you have?
 galpinos 10 Aug 2012
In reply to highaltitudebarista:

No idea, the red one? Big-ish?
In reply to kldavidson:
Do they open from the inside? The North Face ones have a design flaw.
 mike123 11 Aug 2012
In reply to richard_hopkins: <spits coffee at iPhone>
 galpinos 11 Aug 2012
In reply to kldavidson:

Just checked the link and mine is an older version than that, sorry!
 will 12 Aug 2012
In reply to kldavidson:

I Have the older version of the Rab pack, and the straps are fine, but like mentioned it is the lack of back support that makes it really uncomfortable to carry. even if you pack carefully. i managed to carry some bits for a short period of time, but ended up walking leaning right forward to help comfort abit.. I think if it had some waist straps, it would be alot easier, and take alot of wait off your shoulders and upper back....

Pocket wise the top netting pocket is great, can handle alot of items, that you need and dont want to get lost in the bag.. it also has a pocket at either end, which are ideal for general items... if you get one, i would recomend hard stuff at the bottom and clothes on top, but all in all a good pack..... great and easy access to the bag and the material is very hard wearing and highly water resistant...

Overall, great holiday bag. Rubish travelling/ hiking bag...

Hope this helps

Will

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...