UKC

Running shoe advice / help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fatboyteesside 06 Nov 2012
Hi,

I'm about due to replace my running shoes. I am looking for a set of road shoes - typical distance in them would be about 5 miles (trip to the gym).

Now the bit that I always find tricky - I am looking for a well cushioned, neutral shoe (I'm a relatively weighty sort with a wonky foot), but that is narrow.

The only running shoe I've ever had that fit well was a Montrail Highlander - not great for the road, but I'd be looking for a similar sort of dimension to that.

So, I am now throwing myself at the mercy of UKC... Send me your advice!
 digby 07 Nov 2012
In reply to Fatboyteesside:

Go to a running shop.

Try on shoes until you find a pair that feel comfy.
Thanks, but as a rule, most places don't stock shoes narrow enough. Rather than wasting time I don't have trawling round places looking for shoes that don't fit, I was rather hoping for some suggestions to focus my search a bit.
 wbo 07 Nov 2012
In reply to Fatboyteesside: Nike Pegasus? Been round forever, lasts pretty well , decent cushioning, price, weight and comes (or at least came) in different width fittings.

I must confess I haven't seen the wide version for some while, but it runs pretty narrow anyway.
 digby 07 Nov 2012

Well I wasn't much help but at least it bumped it back up!
 chris_B 07 Nov 2012

Addidas shoes are a narrow fit (I have a few pairs and have narrow feet). Off the top of my head I think the Supernova Glide is a neutral shoe with a mid to high level of cushioning.

Nike shoes aren't particualrly narrow.
Jamming Dodger 07 Nov 2012
In reply to Fatboyteesside: Saucony Omni 8s are a narrow fit which is why I wont get another pair. Other than that theyre a great road shoe and I run on the outer extremes of my feet so need lots of cushioning.
In reply to Fatboyteesside: Ive just acquired some Brooks Ghost 5. Very neutral, very comfy. Not sure how narrow as i have no point of reference.
 hydraulicwave 07 Nov 2012
In reply to Fatboyteesside: I've been doing 10k road runs in Salomon S-Lab Sense. They are nice and light, with a bit more cushioning than you get on Inov8's making them a great all rounder.
 nniff 07 Nov 2012

New Balance shoes come in different width fittings
 Dave B 07 Nov 2012
In reply to chris_B:

Second adidas. Saucony are broad toes, narrow heels on the whole. race shoes are generally narrower than the heavier trainers... Not that you want race shoes...

Also some other brands do a B width, NB, asics, Brooks, nike! But very hard to find in the uk...

Solomon are quite narrow! They do door to trail shoes and slab shoes which might work... Or not...
 Dave B 07 Nov 2012
In reply to Dave B:

Actually NB width are easier than the others...
In reply to Fatboyteesside: Thanks all, I went with the Brooks in the end - seem a lot narrower in the forefoot than the others I tried.

Just off out now to test them...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...