UKC

OI NEWS: Back In Print: Paul Pritchard's Award-Winning Book Deep Play

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 07 Nov 2012
Deep Play Cover Image: Pritchard on the North Tower of Paine., 4 kbVertebrate Publishing have republished Paul Pritchard's Boardman Tasker winning first book Deep Play. Available in paperback, and coming soon in ebook.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5030
 Tall Clare 07 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Didn't realise it had been out of print, but brilliant news that it's coming out in paperback (and e-book, for progressive types). It's still my favourite climbing book.
 Jim Walton 07 Nov 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Yep, it's pretty special
 RBK 07 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: My favourite climbing book and a strong contender for the best there is in my opinion. If you haven't read it then you should!
 Paul Evans 07 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
Bought it when it first came out, and one of the 3 or 4 climbing books I'd never part with. Which must be a good topic for a thread....
 Jim Walton 08 Nov 2012
In reply to Paul Evans: Ooo goody

My four would be
Deep Play - P Pritchard; 1st Edition signed by both Paul and Mr Yates - dedication by Paul is very personal to me.

Portrait of a Mountaineer - D Whillans; 1st Edition signed by Don & Mr Bonington - Don is a big hero of mine and to have a book signed by him is special to me.

Eiger Direct - Gillman & Haston; 1st Edition signed by Bonington. A very underated book about a great story fully of hero's, villans and daring do.

Total Alpinism - Desmaison; 1st Edition. Great book about the man who was the father of winter Alpinism and spent most of his time in and out of trouble (mainly in).

All four books have had special meaning to me at some point in my climbing life and remain so.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...