UKC

Decathalon helmet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 12 Nov 2012
Anyone used decathalon helemets? I really struggle to get climbing helmets to fit me well (bike ones fit fine, but for some reason climbing ones don't). I tried a lightwieght one in decathalon, one of their own brand, and it felt comfy. Does anyone know about durability of it etc? Last one I bought (camp armour) the padding disconected from the shell very quickly, don't want to make that mistake again.
 Jim Lancs 12 Nov 2012
In reply to girlymonkey: I've had a Decathlon lightweight helmet for a number of years (see profile picture) and it's been fine. Not sure if the new ones are exactly the same, but are probably similar.

Any of the shell helmets are not abuse proof like an old Petzl of Edlerid plastic job that was just stuffed into the bottom of a sac / back of a car, but with reasonable care they last well in my experience.
 jonnie3430 12 Nov 2012
In reply to girlymonkey:
>
Last one I bought (camp armour) the padding disconected from the shell very quickly, don't want to make that mistake again.

Allcord are the Camp distributors and they have replaced a Camp helmet of mine for the same problem very quickly (and for free.) I suggest you get in touch with them and see what they think: enquiries@allcord.co.uk and then you don't have to buy from Decathlon...
 winhill 12 Nov 2012
In reply to girlymonkey:

Was it Simond? They're cool.

Cheapest place to get the Meteor III+ as well though.
 TobyA 12 Nov 2012
In reply to girlymonkey: Was going to buy one myself just before I did the helmet review. As it was, I didn't need to as I have lots of helmets now from that but I thought they looked really good and are sensible technology (my argument for EPS helmets is here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=4905 ). They pass the same tests as all other helmets, and the price is good. If it fits you well I wouldn't think twice about it.
 Hat Dude 12 Nov 2012
In reply to girlymonkey:

Had one for a couple of years now, it seems fine; light,comfortable and well made.
I've not landed on my head or had anything dropped on it which would be the acid test.

The Simond one they sell now looks like a rebranded version of the Bionnassey model I have.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...