UKC

Torridon for a week.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 27 Dec 2012
I plan on heading for a week somewhere during February. I'm not sure yet where I will head to but as I don't have a partner I am thinking of heading to Torridon and staying in bothies and doing the Liathach and Beinn Allagin traverses. Any advice would be appreciated.
 kwoods 27 Dec 2012
In reply to goatee: I'm not aware of any useful bothies in the Torridon area, it's quite roadside (if that makes any sense?!) compared to any areas in Scotland you would have to use a bothy for. Would be worth staying at the Torridon YH - I've not stayed but apparently it's very good.
OP goatee 27 Dec 2012
In reply to kwoods: Thanks Kevin, I will look into it.
 abr1966 27 Dec 2012
In reply to goatee: Kinlochewe bunkhouse has been 'done up' in recent years ive heard. It was always a bit untidy but ok in the past....not sure how busy it'll be if you wanted to hook up with anyone else etc...

The traverses are both great routes in decent conditions...virtually everytime i've been on Beinn Alligain ive been lost at some point!
 crustypunkuk 27 Dec 2012
In reply to abr1966: We stayed in the bunkhouse a couple of years back, and it's basic, but pretty decent all things considered. The hotel does a good meal and (more importantly) has a good range of local ales. It also gives good access onto Ben Eighe, although if you do a full traverse of all three you face a soul destroying slog the length of the Torridon road to get back to the bunkhouse.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...