UKC

Bizzle Burn. Will it be in by Sunday.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Russell Lovett 17 Jan 2013
What are the chances of Bizzle Burn, Northumberland being climbale by sunday. Very cold here in newcastle at the moment. If it is climbable what are the chances of getting up the road to it likely to be. Any first hand info much apresiated.
jimmacfarlane 17 Jan 2013
In reply to Russell Lovett:
I'm afraid I can't say whether it will be in condition, but after five days of sub zero conditions and another dump tomorrow/sat it may be worth a look. I rang up the College Valley estate yesterday to ask about access - the road down is like an ice rink so 4 by 4 or chains would be sensible to get to the car park I reckon. They wouldn't be prepared to sell permits to drive to the far end (due to health and safety!) but you might be able to persuade them if you have a 4x4 though.
 speedymccreedy 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Russell Lovett:
Did you make it to Bizzle in the end? Planning to head up this Sunday so wondering what nick it was in. With all the snow plus the plummeting temperature was reckoning there should be no reason to doubt it'll be in.
In reply to speedymccreedy: with all the ftesh snow and no 4x4 drcided to give it a miss. Sorry cant comment on the conditions.
 Rodmoly 23 Jan 2013
In the light of Saturday's tragic events in Glencoe it is worth reminding anyone planning a trip to the Bizzle burn that it is a notorious avalanche black spot and extreme care should be taken there after heavy snow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...