UKC

High Trek's Snow Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mrsmandy 19 Jan 2013
There have been some phone calls and posts about broken link to this. I'm afraid Ian died in the Alps this Summer and I let the hosting of the site lapse, and of course he is no longer here to post but he would be really pleased that so many people have missed his report.
 Neil Anderson 19 Jan 2013
In reply to mrsmandy: My condolences to you and your family. It was a great report, especially checking out the date of the first snow each year in Snowdonia. A fitting mark of someone who obviously loved the mountains. RIP.
In reply to mrsmandy:

Hello Mrsmandy

I didn't know him but I'm really sorry to hear of Ians' death. In 2005 inspired by a picture of icefalls in Cwm Idwal on your High Trek website snow report a friend and I took a chance and drove up to N Wales from a snow-free Aylesbury for the w/e. As it turned out we had the best days climbing I think I've ever had. We did South Gully and The Screen on the same day and in perfect conditions, and right at the top of our grade. It was the first time I had ever used the internet to check on snow conditions and I've used your website regularly ever since. Nowadays we're blessed with a multitude of winter blogs to update us but back then your site had the best info. Thanks to coming across the site/photo (almost by accident) we ended up having a fantastic day and it's led to many more great winter climbing trips. Thanks go to Ian and you for all the time and effort you spent compiling the snow reports.

Diccon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...