UKC

Two books in one week.. I'm on a roll

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 25 Jan 2013
I think that I have doubled my book buying skills compared to last year. I've just took possession of 'Turn left at Orion'.

There isn't much of a plot and the book is mostly pictures, diagrams and maps but I'm excited.

Any Bookworms found or received any gems this year to fill the gaps between their ears?
 ThunderCat 25 Jan 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

I just went through Neil Gaimans "Fragile Things". Love it. Found my favourite short story from it on line a little while ago to send to a mate.

http://holdinghandswithhades.edublogs.org/seven-deadly-sins-part-7-the-othe...

In reply to The Lemming: Yes, Harrison by Jonathan Betts. An excellent, concise book (with pictures yay!) about Harrison, his clocks and the longitude problem. Highly recommended.
 Yanis Nayu 25 Jan 2013
In reply to The Lemming: You'll be needing new felt tips after you've finished those two...
 Philip 25 Jan 2013
I'm trying to read a Susan Hill murder mystery but it's like pulling teeth. Been at it on and off since Christmas.
OP The Lemming 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

Sadly I am not allowed sharp things to play with or felt tip pens for similar obvious reasons.

:-0
 Yanis Nayu 25 Jan 2013
In reply to The Lemming: Silly me )))
 John H Bull 25 Jan 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
If you don't mind 1930s stuff:
Damon Runyan - On Broadway. Scurrilous short stories about booze, dough and dolls, most amusing.
Ayn Rand - We the Living. Individualistic novel set against the crushing regime in post-revolution Russia. Educational as well as rollercoasting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...