UKC

Rescue underway on Tower Ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 26 Jan 2013
Hi folks,
Don't wish to scare monger as details were sparse but the BBC news have just reported that a rescue is underway on Tower Ridge after someone fell.
Again, apologies for sparse details but just though I'd post this.
Hopenit all goes ok.
Den
 RagingSphere 26 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni:
Bad news unfortunately.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-21213341

My condolences to those involved and their friends/family.

Mark
 DR 26 Jan 2013
In reply to monkeymark:
Oh bugger. It's been a sad few days. My thoughts are with their family and friends. Stay safe everyone.

Davie
OP Denni 26 Jan 2013
In reply to monkeymark:

Sorry to hear that. Condolences to the family and friends and of course, thanks as always for the MR efforts.
 martinph78 26 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni: Echo Denni's sentimets.

A tough week for the MRT this week.
 Joss 26 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni:

There was a rescue on Tower Gully, Snowdonia this afternoon as well. From the reports- a female climber fell and sustained an ankle injury. Helicopter recue.
Climber has now been named by the police - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-21213341
Jim C 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Martin1978:
> (In reply to Denni) Echo Denni's sentimets.
>
> A tough week for the MRT this week.

Very sad indeed, we did see some helicopter activity, but we were in Glencoe, and we did worry that 'something' might have happened, and so soon after the Bidian incident too.

Having someone witness it, would have minimised the response time, so there is nothing more anyone could have done. I can only add my own condolences to his family and friends .
skarabrae 27 Jan 2013
In reply to The Ex-Engineer: sad news, again, condolences & sympthies to all concerned.

davey.
 Ali 28 Jan 2013
In reply to panda70: Tragic - thoughts with his family and friends.
 Trangia 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni:

It's always sad to learn when someone dies doing this sport we all love.

Condolences to family and friends.
 russelj 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni: Taken from another source:

"ý2Lt Ben St Joseph

It is with profound regret that I have to inform you of the death of 2Lt Ben St Joseph on Saturday 26 Jan. He was killed whilst climbing alone along the Tower Ridge on the North West face of Ben Nevis. Ben was training to be a Doctor at the University of Bristol and was in his 4th year at OTC. He was commissioned last year into the Royal Army Medical Corps as a probationary Cadetship officer, though continued to train with us and was Minden Company's Young Officer within the UOTC.

Ben was a hugely bright, popular, hard working, and dedicated young officer. He was a great leader within the OTC and never pushed anyone harder than he pushed himself. In his few years at OTC he had won both the Reserve Forces, and University Cups for the Devizes to Westminster canoe race and hoped to win both this year, he earned a Gold Medal at Cambrian Patrol, passed the Airborne Student Parachute Selection Course, and competed in the Spean Bridge Commando Race, and the British Army CIOR Pentathlon team. He had also come top in his military professional exam, MLDP2, in his year, and was a huge character in the rugby club. He was a great enthusiast for life. "

Milesy 29 Jan 2013
RIP Ben.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...