UKC

Black Mirror

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Stewart 11 Feb 2013
If you missed it this evening, I definitely recommend a look on 4OD. Probably my favourite one yet. I think it would have worked as a feature film - with a bit more space the issue of commercial exploitation of user-generated content could have been explored too.

Brilliant stuff, can't wait for the next one.
 ripper 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: brilliant - the depiction of the way the technology worked, and the exploration of the characters' reactions to the issues it raised, was just genius
 JimboWizbo 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: Really enjoyed it, very eerie though
 ripper 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: definitely a big step up from last season's 'prime minister shags a pig' episode
OP Jon Stewart 11 Feb 2013
In reply to ripper:
> (In reply to Jon Stewart) definitely a big step up from last season's 'prime minister shags a pig' episode

Absolutely. I thought the 'memory rewind chip' thing from last series was very good though.
 Tom Valentine 12 Feb 2013
In reply to ripper:

At least the pig was real.
 toad 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: I'm only allowing myself one bleak channel 4 dystopian series at the moment, and even then Utopia is really messin' with my head
 Dr.S at work 12 Feb 2013
In reply to toad:
Ah! I am enjoying Utopia
 Mark Edwards 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:
Did anyone else notice the graphics screen Martha was working on. Is that a real piece of kit or just clever green screen compositing?
I suspect the latter as it looked like it was made of wood and there didn’t seem to be any controls.
OP Jon Stewart 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Mark Edwards:

Doubt it's a real piece of kit - it's meant to be a show about future technology...
 digby 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Just why did he not need to eat? He appeared to be entirely biological. What was his power source?

...amongst other inconsistencies! However it was quite watchable.
 ripper 12 Feb 2013
In reply to digby:
> (In reply to Jon Stewart)
>
> Just why did he not need to eat? He appeared to be entirely biological. What was his power source?
>
> ...amongst other inconsistencies! However it was quite watchable.

Perhaps there was a deleted scene of him shoving double-A batteries up his bum while she slept?
 pebbles 13 Feb 2013
In reply to digby: quite watchable? I was completely hooked, sat there with my knuckles clenched, waiting for everything to end badly
 pebbles 13 Feb 2013
In reply to pebbles: quite blade runnerish in its way, I thought - was he a real personality or wasnt he? he certainly passed the turing test...
 ripper 13 Feb 2013
In reply to pebbles: I loved the ending - didn't see it coming even though it had been flagged up earlier, and it made perfect sense within the world of the plot.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...