UKC

Aonach Eagach conditions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tlbno1 23 Feb 2013
Hi folks,

Anyone know if the Aonach Eagach is still holding snow (if any) after the recent mild spell (prior to the recent cold spell!).

Cheers

Tim
ccmm 23 Feb 2013
In reply to tlbno1:

Saw it from SCNL on Thursday. Am Bodach had some good cover. The easier parts of the ridge had a wee bit on them. Didn't look like there was much on the pinnacles.

Mind this was seen from the south i.e. sunny side. I guess it'll be alpine. No doubt it'll be getting loads of travel today. Hopefully someone will post about it later.
 Cadairmanuk 23 Feb 2013
In reply to tlbno1:

I was on the ridge on Thursday and there was a fair amount of snow n the ridge. Crampons on from end to end. I would say a good mix and snow ice and rock. Great day out.

Ben
 abr1966 23 Feb 2013
In reply to tlbno1: Bit of mixed overall....I came over late'ish yesterday. Good neve when it's there but other parts completely stripped.. looks like the weather was changing today after a very good week....
 vincentvega 24 Feb 2013
In reply to tlbno1:

Did it yesterday. Still got a firm cover pretty much all the way from Am Bodach. Its neve all the way. The pinnicles and rock are dry though.
As said above, very alpine. Dont think you could find the ridge in simpler winter condition.

Allan
 SteveHolmes 24 Feb 2013
In reply to tlbno1:
As said above some parts stripped others with some very helpful snow. A couple of pictures on my blog from our Friday traverse.
http://verticalfever.wordpress.com/
 MttSnr 26 Feb 2013
In reply to tlbno1:

Anyone climbed this this week? I'm thinking about heading up on Thursday and am wondering whats left of the ice.

Brev 26 Feb 2013
In reply to MttSnr:

Did it on Sunday, conditions pretty much as described by the others: great neve for most of it, but some parts completely stripped. Not sure what the weather has been like since then though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...