UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Minimalomania, 8C+/9A traverse by Pirmin Bertle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 Mar 2013
Pirmin Bertle on Minimalomania, 8C+/9A trav., Lindental, Switzerland, 4 kbPirmin Bertle has made the first ascent of Minimalomania an 8C+/9A traverse in the Lindental, near Bern, Switzerland.
Pirmin, who is a German living in Switzerland, originally planned to link his new four move 8B+ start into the whole of E la nave va più avanti , Hanspeter Bodmer's extended...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67908
 Calder 15 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Hats off and everything, but what a cack name for a route! I mean, you'd call it Minilomania surely? Although you wouldn't.... cos that's a rubbish name too.
 Ian Bentley 15 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: I had a project like this too! it was a 100m long traverse with font 8c moves the whole way... then i cut off the last 40m...and the first 60m... sent on the first try!

Glad he said about manning up and stop cutting! But still looks crazy hard. I get the feeling this one may be revistited and extended some more! As for the name i think minilomania would be a good name....and Pirmin Bertle is an awesome name!
 Ben Stokes Global Crag Moderator 15 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome crag!
 Static 15 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Pirmin Birtle is not a realistic name. Good climber though.
 koalapie 16 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Looks like a great tick, but felt a quick count of 3 at the finish, recording slowed down a bit probably too.
 DaveX 17 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: feels a lot longer when you show every move from 4 angles.
martinshyde 26 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: I'm not sure if it's me getting a bit obsessive about over use of chalk but what if people were to go around putting dollops of paint all over every boulder we could find? Would we think that this is acceptable? I think not! I've lost count how many places I've been and ask people if they intend on trying to remove the huge amount of chalk they have put on the rock? Their answer is normally a dirty look as if it has nothing to do with me! I use chalk when I'm bouldering/ climbing but remove whatever chalk I put their very carefully. Isn't this what we all are supposed to do? In some ways I think graffiti is no worse, they both look a mess. Is this no different to littering as we? I'm also sick to death of picking up other peoples rubbish!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...