UKC

NEWS: Robbery In Sheffield - Moon Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 25 Mar 2013
Ben Moon, 3 kbThe small Sheffield based company Moon climbing has been robbed. The grass roots climbing company, run by top British climbing legend Ben Moon, has had thousands of pounds of stock stolen from their premises in Sheffield over the weekend.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67938
 Alan Dixon 25 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Thats a real shame, when I had to return some trousers for another size they were very helpful and their customer service was excellent... hope you guys get back on your feet asap.
Cthulhu 25 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Really hope they get their stuff back. Any photos of the stolen gear? Would help to identify it if it appears on that auction site...
 Durbs 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Cthulhu:

From the sounds of it any Moon clothing or bags are potentially stolen goods.

That's a LOT of gear to take - more than just a few eBay pieces - must be a pro-job surely?
In reply to Cthulhu: Ben - as this is your new range maybe post some details of what's new so if people spot it on Fleabay it will be obvious it's the stolen stuff
 MattJP 25 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Very sad news! I would imagine/hope in a climbing community so close, offloading a shed load of climbing clothes and equipment would soon turn up the theives or the gear! Ebay? Gumtree? Markets? Car Boots?

Having said that, back in the late 90's and early 2000's, it did become trendy for the less socially atute to wear gortex jackets. And I doubt they paid £250 plus for them!

mhawk 25 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Bad news, though I would imagine it will be hard to shift that much stuff without being noticed, particularly a relatively niche produce. Hope it turns up and they get banged to rights!
 iceaxejuggler 25 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Burgled not robbed. Robbery differs from theft in its use of violence or intimidation.
In reply to iceaxejuggler: correct.
BuffaloBill 26 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: This is sad and I hope the ***** get caught.
On a side note, isn't it a little uncool to wear clothes with your own name on?
 MJ 26 Mar 2013
In reply to wando77:

On a side note, isn't it a little uncool to wear clothes with your own name on?

Depends on the name. As celestial bodied themed ones go, 'Moon' isn't too bad. Uranus on the other hand, should probably be best avoided.
 Trangia 26 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

That's a real shame and re-inforces the fact that as a climbing community we should avoid buying "new" or "almost new" gear advertised at discount prices unless we are really happy with the credentials of the seller. It's in all our interests to try and ensure that these toe rags can't find a market.

If it seems too good to be true it probably isn't.
BuffaloBill 26 Mar 2013
In reply to MJ: haha
 The Pylon King 26 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Wankers.
 Yanis Nayu 26 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Has anyone checked Num Num's boot?
 Andy Farnell 26 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Any rumours the Scouse Mafia was in Sheffield on Saturday are completely unfounded. In all seriousness, I hope the scrotums who did this get found and dealt with 'appropriately'.

Andy F

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...