UKC

Petzl Charlet Trigrest and DMM Flys

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mmmhumous 02 Apr 2013
Just about to order a pair of these. Do they fit OK on the original DMM flys? (with the rubber removed).

Tanks in advance.
 CurlyStevo 02 Apr 2013
In reply to mmmhumous:
I've broken 4 of these now on quarks, if I was you I'd get the grivel trigger and saw off the trigger (its then functionally a slider and they work fine)
 CurlyStevo 02 Apr 2013
In reply to mmmhumous:
also are you planning to use it as a grip rest or trig rest / upper grip rest? If you want it as a grip rest and you can source the old quark grip rest this can be made to fit flys but you need to drill one hole.

Personally seeing as you are buying new axes (flys plus grip rests is going to be £195) I'd just get something like the Vipers, they'll prolly be on offer for £220 a pair again soon (as soon as winter is properly over again). You won't need to worry about using B picks for mixed until your climbing a lot harder than grade III/IV IMO.
OP mmmhumous 02 Apr 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Thanks for the reply

I'll avoid them in that case (they were just on sale at Rock+Run, so was tempted). It's a grip rest I'm after, but want the one on the adze to be moveable for when I'm using it instead of my walking axe... Looking at the other options, I'll probably fashion myself something suitable in the shed..... My Flys have already turned up.... I picked them up for £92 on Fleabay.
 CurlyStevo 02 Apr 2013
In reply to mmmhumous:
"I picked them up for £92 on Fleabay."

Thats a good deal IMO and also a sensible move.

The trig rest on the quark isn't moveable on anything but a new quark it uses the notches in the handle but on other axes you have to perma-fix it.

Personally I'd adapt the flys to leashless and get lanyards (using the grivel trig rests or old quark grip rests). I much prefer leashless and find I get pumped less (as I can shake out), get hot aches less (as the leashes are not stopping blood supply), are less hassle (than putting your hands in and out of leashes all day long) and allow for easy swapping of tools (which becomes more useful than you'd think) YMMV.
 Mountain Llama 02 Apr 2013
In reply to mmmhumous: Take a look at Needlesports site for axes they have a compatibility table

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...