UKC

Midnight Lightning - Camp 4

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Enty 27 Apr 2013
Someone cleaned the lightning bolt from the Colombia Boulder in Camp 4.
Interesting....
http://www.jamesclucas.blogspot.fr/2013/04/yosemite-bolt-wars_26.html

E
 Elrond 27 Apr 2013
In reply to Enty:

I can't believe someone would do that. Sure it could be considered an unsightly chalk mark on a natural boulder in Yosemite, but it just seems like such a historic symbol. This has got to be one of the most famous boulder problems in the world, in one of the most famous climbing areas in the world, a place which is often considered to be where modern climbing first began, and the lightning bolt was a part of that, small but still a part. To remove it seems so unnecessary.
 Steve nevers 27 Apr 2013
In reply to Enty: Seems like a blogger desperate for hits.

Seems someones already re-drawn it. If it was a fresh scribble fair enough, but if it has lasted 30+ years..
OP Enty 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Enty:

Just a lttle bump for the Monday crowd. However it does have those two boring factors, history and climbing so not expecting too many replies

E
 cha1n 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Enty:

Has anyone confirmed that he actually removed the lightning bolt?

It would be fairly easy to Photoshop his images and someone conveniently 'drew it back on'. Maybe his real psychological experiment was seeing how people would react, then he'll reveal that it was a hoax?

Seems like too brave an act otherwise!
 john arran 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Enty:

It's the biggest tick mark I ever did see - and it didn't even seem to lead to any hold.

Terrible beta
OP Enty 29 Apr 2013
In reply to cha1n:

It would be a great hoax. Keep your eye on the Supertop thread.

E
 galpinos 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Enty:

My thoughts were summed up ny two posters above:

1. Did it actually happen?
2. If it did, the blogger seesm to be trying to make a "statement" despite not having actually worked out what that statement is.

I think it's a shame to brush/wash it off, like a cave painting it now feels "part of history".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...