UKC

Elbrus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PaulC 02 May 2013

Hi,

Looking for info about Elbrus.

Looking to organise our own trip, so would like any info about local guides, transport, accoms and any other useful hints from anyone who has done it independently.

Thanks

Paul
 MagnusL 02 May 2013
In reply to PaulC:

Don't get lost on the way down and end up getting arrested and interrogated by the Russian military like my mate did!

I'll point him at this thread and maybe he can help you.
JhbGerry 05 May 2013
In reply to PaulC:

When you planning to go Paul?
In reply to PaulC:
>
> Hi,
>
> Looking for info about Elbrus.
>
> Search UKC. There's been a lot on this in the last 12 months.
Hendofan 16 May 2013
In reply to PaulC:
Pilgrim tours light package.

You need visa's ect and they arrange this and a night in the hotel which you can use at the start/end. Well worth it.
 michaelmurray 04 Jun 2013
In reply to PaulC:

I've just got back from an independent trip via the "alternative" south route (leaving directly from Terskol and avoiding the cablecar system).

We used Elbrus Tours to organise transport to/from the airport, OVIR registration and a night of hotel accommodation in Terskol at the start and end of the trip.

I would advise using a company which can provide the service of an English speaking representative (even if this is just via phone) as communication can be a problem.

The rest of the trip we organised ourselves and either camped or used huts for accommodation.

Message me if you need any more information.
OP PaulC 08 Jun 2013
In reply to michaelmurray: Hi, Michael
Sounds interesting. Can you give me an idea of the overall cost of the trip, please?

THanks

Paul

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...