UKC

Best services to bivi / sleep in car on way to Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LeadBalloon 25 Jun 2013
Not sure if right place for this question, but looking for good stop on way to Cham, about 8hrs from Calais, any ideas?
 alpinebisou 25 Jun 2013
er...Chamonix
 lowersharpnose 25 Jun 2013
In reply to alpinebisou:

Agreed, in 8 hours you will be pretty much there.
 a crap climber 25 Jun 2013
In reply to LeadBalloon:

Just look out for a services area ('Aire')

I've done it a couple of times, gone for the ones that don't have any facilities on the assumption they'll be a bit quieter. They're signposted in advance with what they have (just a picnic bench for the basic ones). A lot seem to get very full with HGVs later at night though, seen them queued along the on and off slip roads.

Seems to be a fairly common thing to do, seen people sleeping on picnic tables and pitching tents.
In reply to a crap climber: Just one piece of advice from experience. Don't arrive at night, and decide that biviing behind the bushes is being discrete. You'll find that others have 'gone' there before. Either kip in the car, or in the middle of the grass in plain sight.
OP LeadBalloon 26 Jun 2013
In reply to alpinebisou: you're rubbish!
In reply to lowersharpnose: and so are you duckwit.
In reply to LeadBalloon: Next time I'm looking for an answer to a reasonable enough question I'll pick my nose and ponder over my own snot for a while, wil get more snense than you just offered. Ta very much.
 lowersharpnose 26 Jun 2013
In reply to LeadBalloon:

You were given reasonable answers. Chamonix is about 8 hours driving time from Calais.
 mike123 26 Jun 2013
In reply to LeadBalloon: i was going to offer something else useful. but i m scared off by your razor sharp wit
 JohnnyW 26 Jun 2013
In reply to LeadBalloon:

Blimey, me too - Regularly drive to Cham, and am doing on the 20th July, but I think I'll keep my thoughts to myself, for fear of retribution!
 lowersharpnose 27 Jun 2013
In reply to LeadBalloon:

I appreciate your email apology. I had thought from the time of your post that you may been on the sauce or something. Tis forgotten.

joe.91 27 Jun 2013
In reply to LeadBalloon: font

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...