UKC

Will anyone ever repeat Echo Wall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jamie B 28 Jun 2013
Simple question. Given the commitment involved in just finding time and conditions to work it, nevermind the terrifying seriousness of the climbing, I suspect it might be a while...
 d_b 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

I would put my money on "yes", but not for a while.
 Offwidth 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

You could have said similar about Longhope Route Direct. I'm hoping sooner rather than later.
 henwardian 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B: I would think that after McHaffie talking down the grade of Long Hope a bit, you might have a bigger pool of climbers inclined to at least look at Echo Wall in the hope that maybe it isn't as hard as they first thought.

I'd like to think that someone would at least throw a line down it and have a wee look at the moves. That's only the work of a day and Ben Nevis North face is not that hard to get to. Perhaps the Welsh brigade will mike a raid on the mountain crags later on in the summer when seepage and melting snow is less of a problem.
 Bulls Crack 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

Will anyone ever repeat Echo Wall?
PopShot 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B: How do we know the grade isn't exaggerated? It's way up in the wilds of Scotchland with nobody from the climbing scene watching. Good film though.
 The Pylon King 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

Yes. given that we have eternity.
 Owen W-G 28 Jun 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:

Not really. The crag will fall down before eternity is reached
 mattrm 28 Jun 2013
In reply to PopShot:

Because the guy grading it has done a nut load of new routing at that kind of level and his routes are rarely (if ever?) downgraded.

I know I'm feeding the troll, but there we go.
PopShot 28 Jun 2013
In reply to mattrm:
> (In reply to PopShot)
>
> Because the guy grading it has done a nut load of new routing at that kind of level and his routes are rarely (if ever?) downgraded.
>
>
>

Ok then.
OP Jamie B 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Owen W-G:

> Not really. The crag will fall down before eternity is reached

Eternity is never reached. It will be team-soloed by a troupe of wildebeest wearing orange jump-suits while singing "God only Knows" by the Beach Boys before eternity is reached.

Rich W Parker 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Fnar.
 jon 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B:
> (In reply to Owen W-G)
> Eternity is never reached. It will be team-soloed by a troupe of wildebeest wearing orange jump-suits while singing "God only Knows" by the Beach Boys before eternity is reached.

... or dry tooled, I suppose... OK, OK, I'm going.

Michael Gordon 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

It's surprising just how quickly repeats can go down (compared to FAs) once someone capable turns their mind to it. But when will that happen? Who knows?
PopShot 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B: I imagine with the hostile weather up in Scotland and the remoteness it may never be repeated unless someone established a basecamp at the bottom and sieged it! Its basically an arctic country, the highlands at least. I watched the film and it's crazy stuff. Scary really.
 AlH 28 Jun 2013
In reply to PopShot: Remote? From where? I can be at the base in less than an hour and a half from a car park. And yes the weather can be a bit of a pain but whilst the rest of the UK complained of rain we had a superb summer up here.
OP Jamie B 28 Jun 2013
In reply to AlH:

> I can be at the base in less than an hour and a half from a car park.

Does that mean you're going for the ground-up? I somehow always assumed you'd want to work it.
estivoautumnal 28 Jun 2013
In reply to PopShot:

Mr PopShot. Why do you post using the words, language and intelligence of a 10 year old when your profile shows you are 26?

Have you been telling porkies about your age?
 george mc 28 Jun 2013
In reply to PopShot:
> (In reply to Jamie B) I imagine with the hostile weather up in Scotland and the remoteness it may never be repeated unless someone established a basecamp at the bottom and sieged it! Its basically an arctic country, the highlands at least. I watched the film and it's crazy stuff. Scary really.

Where the f*ck is Wimpbourne?
PopShot 28 Jun 2013
In reply to george mc:
> (In reply to PopShot)
> [...]
>
> Where the f*ck is Wimpbourne?
>

Wimborne Minster, we just call it Wimborne locally. It is in East Dorset.
estivoautumnal 28 Jun 2013
In reply to PopShot:

Where is Dorset?
PopShot 28 Jun 2013
In reply to estivoautumnal:
> (In reply to PopShot)
>
> Where is Dorset?
>

It's in England.
 Elrond 28 Jun 2013
In reply to PopShot:

Where's england?
PopShot 28 Jun 2013
In reply to Elrond: I wont dignify that with an answer.
 Scomuir 28 Jun 2013
In reply to PopShot:
> (In reply to Elrond) I wont dignify that with an answer.

Politician speak for "I don't know".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...