UKC

NEWS: Alex Honnold Set To Solo Skyscraper on Live TV

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Jul 2013
Alex Honnold making a rope-less ascent of the famous Separate Reality., 3 kbWord is out that Alex Honnold is to star in a live TV show for National Geographic in which he will climb a skyscraper. Although the final details are not yet public, it is likely that Honnold will free solo the building.

We caught up with Alex to ask him a few questions...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68239

martinph78 26 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: Is UKC going to bid for the UK rights?
 Baron Weasel 26 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: There must be a lot of peaks above fourteen hundred foot in California. Good effort linking them all by bike!

JEP 27 Jul 2013
In reply to Baron Weasel:
> (In reply to UKC News) There must be a lot of peaks above fourteen hundred foot in California. Good effort linking them all by bike!

That would be 12 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_California_fourteeners
 JuneBob 27 Jul 2013
In reply to JEP:
There was a typo in the article mentioning 1400ft. It has since been corrected.
 JayK 29 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News:

That picture of Separate Reality makes me feel queasy.
 ark05 29 Jul 2013
"we've talked to the building a lot"

I always knew Alex was crazy...
In reply to UKC News: Has he climbed everything so that's why he's now climbing buildings?

I suspect most people will only be watching it to see if he falls!
Flashman 30 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC News: Sounds like little more than a circus stunt for a climber of his calibre. While he hasn't been shy to perform for broadcast television before, I'm kind of surprised that Honnold would agree to do something so far removed from like, rocks and nature and the freedom of the hills and all that. $$$ I guess.
Added execrability if the mystery venue turns out to be the new *FREEDOM TOWER* at the World Trade Center site in NYC.
 martinph78 30 Jul 2013
In reply to Flashman: Those stunts pay the bills. Alex is aware of that:

"And to be frank, we all have to work for a living" "I'd like to be able to have a house and family and all that someday as well. I can't think of a more fun way to go to work. .."

Why should he be any different to the rest of us? We've all got to pay the bills.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...