UKC

NEW REVIEW: Tierra Roc Blanc Jacket Review

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 02 Aug 2013
Adrian Nelhams, ISM Director, 4 kbIFMGA British Mountain Guide & ISM Director Adrian Nelhams reviews the Roc Blanc Jacket from Tierra, one of Sweden's best kept apparel secrets, which is set to launch in the UK in 2014.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=5691
 Tom F Harding 07 Aug 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

> Minimalist, lightweight design

How much does it actually weigh?
 TobyA 07 Aug 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber: According to http://tierra-products.com/products/roc-blanc-jacket/ 500 grams.
 Tom F Harding 07 Aug 2013
In reply to TobyA:

Thanks Toby, I had a look at the website and read that. Be good to hear what they weigh on the scales though - 1/2kg seems too much of a nice round number
 TobyA 07 Aug 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber: It is quite a round number isn't it? but I've found that most stated weights are within 10% of what my postal scales weigh for outdoorsy clothing. Marmot were very wrong though on one jacket's weight some seasons back - I think often it's just the intern or whoever entering the info on the website who makes a mistake rather than any attempt to pull one over on us! ME had a few that had to be those sort of mistakes on their sleeping bag website when they updated it this year.

500 gr is also not super light by modern standards, but I think there are disadvantages in super light jackets for hard mountain use anyway.
johan gille 08 Aug 2013
In reply to The_flying_climber:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> [...]
>
> How much does it actually weigh?

I just put my Roc Blanc on my analog kitchen scale. The scale isn´t exact but it weighed about 400 grams.
I had my jacket for about 2 years and I love it. I use it mainly for for ice climbing in Sweden and Norway.
And no, I have nothing to do with Tierra.
JOHAN

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...