UKC

High altitude boot small size

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Cora 17 Aug 2013
Hello !
I'm after a small size expedition / high altitude boot, 37. - 37.5, equal to UK 4.5, unfortunatley it seems like there is not much in that size....
Anyone has an idea where to get them or has a pair to sell ?

Mr Poo 17 Aug 2013
In reply to Cora:

Good Luck, the Smallest the Scarpa 8000 comes in is a 38 as for the La Sportiva Olympus Mons that goes down to a 39.

is 37.5 what you would normally wear in a standard single skin (Leather) mtn boot??
 girlymonkey 17 Aug 2013
In reply to Cora: While trying to get a pair of winter boots in that size (which was hard enough - I don't envy you trying to get high altitude ones!!), I found Joe Browns shop were very helpful. They will probably be able to tell you what is available to order in for you etc.
ice.solo 17 Aug 2013
In reply to Cora:

most stop at 39, tho some 6000m boots and spantiks go to 38.

probably just have to lump it, tho you may be able to get a custom inner that fleshes out the difference.
Cora 17 Aug 2013
In reply to Mr Poo: Yes, i normally wear 37.5, depending a bit on the brands...
Mr Poo 18 Aug 2013
In reply to Cora:
If you are normally a 37.5 in Leathers than you are most likely going to be a 38 or 38.5 in phantom 8000 or Olympus Mons. Double boots come up differently than singles in sizing.

I would recommend to go and get your foot measured (while standing) and as a starting point go up 2 euro sizes. I know people that have gone up 1 size bigger than the foot measures BUT most people I know have gone up 2 sizes. as I said it is a starting point not a rule.

If the Spantik dose come in a 38 you could always buy the liner for a Spantik and put it in the Olympus Mons to help the fit. After all they are the same liner.

Cheers Poo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...